• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Regional Living Dex Challenge!

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
Years
  • Welcome to the Regional Living Dex Challenge!

SETUP
    You've heard of this great idea to catch one of every single available Pokemon to make what they've called a "Living Pokedex"- but you also heard that someone's already made one for all the Pokemon that are available in other regions, and you don't want to do any unnecessary work cataloguing Pokemon, so you decided to only catch the Pokemon that originate from your region.

Put simply, the main goal of this challenge is similar to a Living Dex, as stated in the intro- you must obtain and store one of every Pokemon species/form, catching only the ones that released in the region that you're playing.

*This challenge's rules are written around Gen 1-7. Read the optional rules for info regarding any games on the Switch.
    **For the purpose of ease, I'll be refering to regions by their og generation, i.e. Kanto is 1, Johto is 2, etc. Yes, remakes count in their original gen. Mythicals would not be possible to complete without this.

Required Rules:

1. The challenge immediately will end when you have all Pokemon new to all regions you have done and have them stored on one save of a game in that region. Mythicals are not required. Formes that are storable in a PC are required(barring, of course, Spinda.)
    Example-
    Spoiler:

2. Emulation is allowed. If you choose to do emulation, you may use save editing to simulate actual trading, as long as there is no "gifting", the "traded" Pokemon keep their exact personalities(IV, gender, EVs, etc.), and most importantly, the trade MUST have been possible by official means! No "trading" a Pokemon from Gen 1 directly to Gen 5!

3. You may not catch ANY Pokemon that are from a different region! At all!(No, you may not catch Kantonian mons while in Kanto in the Gen 2 games.)

4. While you may not catch any non-native Pokemon, you are allowed to trade Pokemon through other regions. This means that you can trade Pokemon to games that they aren't native to so long as they are never used. Intermediates are allowed(PokeBank, PokeTransporter).

5. CHEATING, GLITCHING, and HACKING is NOT allowed unless it is explicitly allowed by another rule for a specific scenario.

6. Regional forms are stored in their -an region(Alolan Sandslash in Alola, so on).

7. You may use games outside of the region you are completing if you choose single to aid you.

8. As of now, I am not aware if you must become Champion in every region to catch every new Pokemon- but if you can, then you do NOT have to become Champion! This is a collectathon challenge, not a Champion challenge. If I find out you can't, then I'll remove this rule as it's rendered null.

Optional Rules:

1. Gen 8! P:LA included! You may add any of the Gen 8 games(LGPE, SWSH, PLA). It will not be required to complete what I consider to be the "Ultimate" challenge, but I will keep track of it and I will have a separate board for Ultimates that include Gen 8. If you choose to add PLA, it will count as Sinnoh. Pokemon from GO are NOT allowed to be moved to LGPE.

2. Catch the Mythicals! This is where "hacking" is allowed. If you choose to catch Mythicals, you are allowed to edit in any event item below and catch the Mythical pokemon it gives, even if it's outside of it's home region.(I.E., Mew in Emerald.)
    Any Mythicals only obtainable through a non-item triggered event may be edited in, or ignored.
    Alternate forms of Mythicals are not required.

Allowed Edit-In Items-
    Spoiler:

3. Become champion! Again, if I find out Champion is required for at least one Pokemon in every region, I will remove this. Does not apply to PLA.

4. Pseudo-Nuzlocke! If a Pokemon you have faints, you may not count it towards the final dex. This does not apply to legendaries or Mythical Pokemon. You may choose to have permadeath, not allowed to revive until the next gym, or no revival limitations.

5. Nickname every single Pokemon! Even just numbering them by NatDex is fine, just nickname them!

Hall of Fame!

Sign-Up Format:

Name:
    Trainer Name:
    Single/Ultimate:
    Region(if single):

Update Format:

Name:
    Trainer Name
    Single/Ultimate:
    Working on: (current region name)
    Progress: Pokemon Caught out of All Pokemon in Region
    Optional Rules:

Helpful information:
    150 for Gen 1 w/o Mythicals, 1 Myth(Mew)
    99 for Gen 2 w/o Mythicals, 1 Myth(Celebi)
    133 for Gen 3 w/o Mythicals, 2 Myths(Jirachi, Deoxys)
    102 for Gen 4 w/o Mythicals, 6 Myths(Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, 2 Shaymin, Arceus)
    152 for Gen 5 w/o Mythicals, 4 Myths(Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect)
    89 for Gen 6 w/o Mythicals, 4 Myths(Diancie, 2 Hoopa, Volcanion)
    85 for Gen 7 w/o Mythicals, 4 Myths(2 Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora. Meltan and Melmetal are NOT needed, ever, to complete any version of the challenge.)
    82 for Gen 8 w/o PLA, Expansion, or Mythicals. 1 Myth(Zarude), 7 Expansion(Kubfu, Urshifu, Regidrago, Regieleki, Glastrier, Spectrier, Calyrex), 7 PLA(Wyrdeer, Kleavor, Ursaluna, Basculegion, Overqwil, Sneasler, Enamorus)

Back