• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Extending the songtable after a patch

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2019
    Hi everyone! I've been in Pokecommunity for a very long time now but only as a lurker. I've recently been trying to get back into Rom hacking with a lot of success so far. However, I was wondering if someone could help me with this music hack I am trying to implement.

I used this tutorial MissingYep's tutorial here in order to extend the song table. That worked perfectly and I had no issues.

However, I also want to apply ~Ruki!'s patch for HGSS songs here.

The problem is though, I am stuck.

If I apply the patch, I can't extend the song table because there are bytes of data after the row of 8 00's which I can't overwrite in the "build.bin" file.

Is there a way I can extend the song table after applying ~Ruki!'s patch for HGSS songs? I'm honestly at a loss after trying so many methods.

EDIT: This is a FR rom...

Last edited:

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • Yeah, definitely. You just have to find the already relocated songtable by Ruki's patch.
    The relocated songtable is at 0x1000000, so everything remaining is a piece of cake.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2019
    Yeah, definitely. You just have to find the already relocated songtable by Ruki's patch.
    The relocated songtable is at 0x1000000, so everything remaining is a piece of cake.

I found another way to do it :) . But thank you!

Back