• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Battle against person instead of Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2019
    So I want to know if it's possible to use the Pokémon combats style but instead of using Pokémon for my game just have the two trainers fight one against the other and the one how loses dies.

I'm asking this because I'm using the Pokémon Essentials mod for RPG Maker XP to have the features and the graphics but I don't want to make a Pokémon RPG, I want to have my protagonist fight against enemys and get them killed.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    I guess one idea would be to check what is the difference in the script between a wild battle and a trainer battle
    Then check if it's possible to do a double wild battle (hence two pokemons fighting without the intro of the trainer launching the pokeball)
    Then you can create a pokemon which looks like your hero and enemy pokemons which look like humans

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Just make it a Pokemon game in all but name.
    The internals of the game will read Pokemon, but change a few factors to make people fight instead.
    If it is only one hero, then ensure that you cannot gain pokemon etc.
    You would need to do a lot, but it is possible.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    I have ever done something similar. Making a Pokémon fight a LEGO Character

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    yeah the problem comes also from the animation of the trainer sending a pokemon. Or you could use a modified version of the safari. like throw a punch or throw a kick

Back