• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Broken Poké Balls

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
  • Broken Pok? Balls

Something that crossed my mind reading through Bulbapedia when I read that Pok? Balls can break.

So, when a Pok? Ball gets damaged, Pok?mon cannot be called back in and needs to be fixed. But when a Pok?mon is inside a Pok? Ball and it breaks it cannot be called out. That seems like an immense design flaw to me. It means that they are essentially trapped in one.

What if a Pok? Ball gets destroyed beyond repair? If a Pok?mon is outside its Ball, they'd be released. But when it's inside when it gets destroyed, what does that mean? It is something that hasn't really been an answer, I think...

Are they trapped forever? Are they considered 'dead'? Or would there be some sort of 'emergency release'?

Last edited:
    Back