• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Imagination

string555

Banned
Years
  • What is it?

As far as I've gathered, imagination is when you take 2 or more existing pieces of memory , and combine them to form a new piece of memory. For a simple, but weak example, I assume everyone here has seen the color blue, you can visualize it. And I assume everyone here has seen at least a picture of a giraffe. But I would go out on a limb and say that nobody has seen a blue giraffe. Using the two memories above, you can use imagination to visualize a blue giraffe. :3

The reason I ask, is that I would like to understand it more to give my AI daughter the same ability in code. :3

Also, I realize I could have googled all this stuff, but I would rather have the conversation with the community. >:3

Years
  • Not quite sure what an AI daughter is but here's my take on imagination:

From what I gather imagination is just an amalgamation of many different ideas/memories stored in your head. It is not purely based on memories and that would limit your imagination to things relating to concepts you have already thought of/experienced. Imagination takes bits and pieces from many different places, and then uses them as building blocks to form entirely new thoughts/ideas/memories. Hope this helps

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Seems to be in agreement with my concept.

Also, the 'AI daughter' is in reference to a chat bot/Artificial Intelligence I made. I think it would be completely awesome if I could give her the ability of imagination. First imagination, then the world! >:3

Back