• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"A Staravia is Born!" Episode Discussion

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    (since I was cheated out of the last one...I'm taking no chances this time)

Here's where you can discuss the newest evolution of one of our heroes' Pokemon in "A Staravia is Born!" ...When it airs, anyway...

I'll talk more later.

Years
  • I liked most of this episode, mainly the part in which Team Rocket was actually doing well. It seems as though they've gotten stronger, being able to capture all of those pokemon, though alas...Le' Hoothoot wins again... Starly evolved at a strange time, though. Usually they evolve during a pressing moment, but this time they won, and then Starly just randomly evolved and sent Team Rocket blasting off again. I hate Staravia's voice so much...And who knew that they made Team Rocket bikinis?

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    Meowth's got a new laugh. "Heehehehee!"
    That girl in the ep sounded weird... and ew, James. x_x
    Yay for Staravia! :3

Years
  • Indeed, it did evolve kinda randomly, huh?

Anyway, it was nice to see the Rocket Cacnea and Dustox again, and I'm surprised we didn't see Mime Jr. in the episode at all. Huh. And, yes, great with the TR bikinis, and I'm happy they didn't edit Jessie's cleavage as that was 4Kids' big thing during Advanced Battle. But we'll wait until Dogasu says different.

One thing, when the bird Pokemon were escaping with Meowth's "assistance" and making such a racket, why didn't the Rocket Pokemon at least pop in? As sentries, I'd like to think they would have done something, even if fooled by Hoothoot.

They popped in when the same thing happened with Gotta Dance, right? Oh, well. As always, if it wasn't for the Rockets and their Pokemon, I wouldn't have given this episode a second thought. And who knew Bonsly was so...useful -- there's your deus ex machina right there. Headdesk. Good foreshadowing for the next episode, I guess.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Did anyone notice a lot of footage editing, or at least it seemed like it? Like when Jessie sent out Dustox, BOOM dustox appears on the screen, no red lights or anything, you didnt even see the pokeball after it was in her hands...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Indeed, it did evolve kinda randomly, huh?

Anyway, it was nice to see the Rocket Cacnea and Dustox again, and I'm surprised we didn't see Mime Jr. in the episode at all. Huh. And, yes, great with the TR bikinis, and I'm happy they didn't edit Jessie's cleavage as that was 4Kids' big thing during Advanced Battle. But we'll wait until Dogasu says different.

One thing, when the bird Pokemon were escaping with Meowth's "assistance" and making such a racket, why didn't the Rocket Pokemon at least pop in? As sentries, I'd like to think they would have done something, even if fooled by Hoothoot.

They popped in when the same thing happened with Gotta Dance, right? Oh, well. As always, if it wasn't for the Rockets and their Pokemon, I wouldn't have given this episode a second thought. And who knew Bonsly was so...useful -- there's your deus ex machina right there. Headdesk. Good foreshadowing for the next episode, I guess.

I know that people kind of complained about how unrealistic the other way was, but this is worse...oh well. At least it evolved I guess...but the title doesn't make much sense, then, since the evolution was more of a footnote "Oh, yeah, and now Starly evolves for no reason!!" than something they focused on.

...That's right, where was Mime Jr.? ...Then again, James is so protective of it that I doubt he'd let it help guard the Pokemon even if it wanted to. And the fanservice...I'll admit, the first thought to cross my mind when I saw that was how disappointed you were about the lack of fanservice in the gold Sudowoodo episode and that you finally got what you wanted...

I was kind of happy to see the return of "General Pikachu" in this episode, the little mouse sitting on the back of a Pidgeot giving orders...heh, maybe that's why TR wants it so badly...hahaha. Seriously, though, it's nice to see something like that once in a while. True, Piplup got something like that a couple episodes ago, but it can't hold a candle to Pikachu's skills in this case. I mean, just look at the size of their respective "armies"...*ahem* Anyway, it kind of calls back to what Professor Oak said a long time ago about Pokemon being like their trainers...*cough*

Oh, yeah...and this episode's "extra character" was bland, had a horrible back story, and was absolutely unnecessary.

Years
  • Of course without Crazy Australian Bird-Watching Character of the Day, they never would have found Team Rocket, or had a plot...but she could have been cooler. I did like how Bonsly was admiring Staravia when it evolved, a pre-cursor to tonight's ep. (Bonsly is going to mimic Starly's evolution, hehe)

By the way I noticed something pretty cool in relation to Pikachu riding the Pidgeot. He does the same thing with Ash's Pidgeot in the first season opener. I do think that Starly should have battled Team Rocket instead of Bonsly, though...after all, it's the one that evolved.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Hate Staravia's voice. Other than that, nothing of importance came to me in this episode.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Damn, beat me to the post...Just when i thought noone noticed, charaxes says it.
    Staravia's voice= Hate hate hate!
    However the bird watcher girl's accent was nice.
    I'm sure archaic would agree...

I'm the opposite o.O; I loved Staravia's voice, and hated the australian bird watchers accent XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Random things I noted while watching the episode (obviously I watched it online, I wouldn't have noted anything while watching on TV XD)

- The woman's accent was extremely distracting. It was annoying me the whole way through. It sounded like a mix of an English and an Australian accent. Or just a very bad impression of an English accent.
    - Meowth's laugh was really weird in this episode "hehehehehehe" and his eyes seems really weird
    - They pronounced Pidgeot right at last! Pidg-e-ot or at least, that's how I've always pronounced it. The Pidgeot was rather small but oh well.
    - Team Rocket's scheme in this episode and the last (scheme) episode were disturbingly good. For them, at least.
    - It seemed like Brock only used Bonsly to remind everyone that he still has one for the next episode

After thinking about it, Starly's evolution was in a rather odd place. Its not like Starly even battled that much. Oh well.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • Okay, this episode showed the really lowest side of Team Rocket and also the crulest. But the episode wan't bad and the girl wasn't so bad, too. I like her. Really much.

Back