• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Aiding the Enemy!" Episode Discussion

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • Must only be me then. I don't actually listen for the music as much as I watch for the animation and the voices. I'd actually want to watch in all silence sometimes.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay I got to see it yesterday, but had no time to post my review until now...I have to say that I actually enjoyed this episode, and I always thought it was "grow-tle" not "grAw-tle" but oh well...I Kinda felt srry for Grotle when it couldn;t move fast anymore, but I'm sure things will work out perfectly fine soon enough...

It's been awhile since we saw Paul, and it looks like he himself is realizing Ash is getting better with his OWN strategy, oh yeah! :)

well I give this show a 9/10

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I forget this guy's username said:
    This was a pretty good episode. I really didn't expect...uhhh...that Elite Four guy who battled Cynthia at the beginning, I forget his name for some reason, to win.

Aaron? Aaron didn't win. . =( Unfortunately.

Same guy whose screen name I can't remember said:
    *Nice, it's giving advice. What's Paul gonna say?
    * "You're a curious one." What'd he say in Japanese?
    I'll look! XP I have it on my computer.

Pretty much the same thing. He just said "you're too curious".

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
  • ...As well as it being illegal unless you live in Japan.
    :steps onto soapbox: Actually, no treaty signed by Japan and the US bans DX(long distance) reception of broadcasts from the other nation, as long it's for 'personal use only'.

• FTA Satellite- OK
    • pay satellite- If you pay, yes
    • DX Terrestrial (antenna)- hard to do, but not illegal
    • Youtube or other video-sharing services- to my knowlege, yes

If you were refering to the third bullet, Warped, then you are correct. Otherwise, you might be incorrect; I didn't ask the Embassy for any info, so don't quote me.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • WOAH what the hell. I took a break from the dub for a long time cause we got pokemon here in greek but woah wtf happened to team rocket. I cannot explain how wtf i felt just now. Anyway this episode was great. but the dub voices have declined imo. But overall nice episode now that i understand it instead of the japanese. Also hearthome gym? What the hell its heathrome! Ugh i think ill stick to the greek dub and the japanese thank you ver much.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Must only be me then. I don't actually listen for the music as much as I watch for the animation and the voices. I'd actually want to watch in all silence sometimes.

Oh, don't worry, there are people out there who take a lot of interest in the animation. They know who a lot of the animators are, know who are the best and worst and can tell who has animated an episode by the way they look. I have no idea about any of it except Takada is supposed to be the worst (I think that's his name). The people here that know a lot about the animation don't post so much

A lot of people dislike that there used to be dub music throughout the entire episode with no silence, it annoys me when I watch earlier episodes with no silence, heh.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Anyway sorry bout my rant i watched the rest of the episode. It seems that things are getting interesting with Paul. But reggie was fine about losing to Brandon? Huh seems strange but whatever. it just fuels the whole father son thing
    What. The. Hell! The dub names are freaking ridiculous. Fantsina? Hearthome? Gah i cant stand it. But grotles voice man that ices the cake for me. I dunno why but i love it in a strange way.

Last edited:

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • This episode, like last week, it just seemed kind of "meh"-ish. Besides PUSA only keeping 3 original pieces, there was really not that much to say besides the usual. I'm glad Turtwig evolved, and seeing Torterra help him out with his new body was pretty cool.

I have no idea about any of it except Takada is supposed to be the worst (I think that's his name).

Tamagawa/Iwane - Generally considered the best. Both known for very fluid motions and thick outlines."Losing It's Lustrous" was done by Iwane. IMO, the only thing I don't like about Iwane is he can sometimes make the character's eyes look lifeless... Tamagawa is pretty much the best you can get with this show. Watch "Journey to the Unown" for him.

Kinoshita/Takeda - Usually considered the worst. This episode right here was done by Kinoshita, and the last episode, "A Trainer and Child Reunion", was done by Takeda. Their colors often look washed out and off model. Kinoshita is relatively new(She started with DP004), but Takeda *cough* has been around since the original series... Kinoshita has shown signs of improvement, though. Check out "Pruning a Passel of Pals" for her. That's one of her better episodes. For Takeda... watch "Sleight of Sand".

Everybody else is pretty much in between.

After people on other forums started mentioning their names so often, I just went ahead and learned about each of them... >_>

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • episode all up was kinda boring but it was ok i like the fact the turtwig evolved i hate grotles voice but i think it is the same guy lol and i didnt like ash in this ep everytime he is around paul he acts dumb

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    WOAH what the hell. I took a break from the dub for a long time cause we got pokemon here in greek but woah wtf happened to team rocket. I cannot explain how wtf i felt just now. Anyway this episode was great. but the dub voices have declined imo. But overall nice episode now that i understand it instead of the japanese. Also hearthome gym? What the hell its heathrome! Ugh i think ill stick to the greek dub and the japanese thank you ver much.
    Wait a minute. You didn't know they had those names in the English version?? Then what were you calling them upto now?

this_is_ark

who what where
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2009
    i liked this episode a lot, it was cool ;-; torterra was so tough!

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    "Losing It's Lustrous" was done by Iwane.
    That's a bad example since that episode had so little action that Iwane couldn't use his full potential. Better one's would be Drew and May's battle in the Kanto GF, "Chim-charred" and the one with Tucker (actually Iwane and Tamagawa animated the episode together).

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • What. The. Hell! The dub names are freaking ridiculous. Fantsina? Hearthome? Gah i cant stand it. But grotles voice man that ices the cake for me. I dunno why but i love it in a strange way.

If you're going to mock something, at least spell it right. It's Fantina by the way.

Years
  • I like the fact that Team Rocket stayed primarily in the background, didn't do anything stupid and gently floated off into the night. And that Turtwig became a Grtoile.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    WOW I must say this was an epic episode! :D Grrr..I hate the guts out of Paul! >:3

9/10 Overall though :)

Back