• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help my team?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
So I am creating my dream team in pokemon Soul Silver, and I'd like to know what you guys think so far and if you could help me with it. I have just been moving into building better pokemon using natures, but I don't yet understand IV's and EV's. So please don't refer to those.
pokemon I call finished are where I want them to be as of now, but I'd like to know what you think of them. works in progress are not yet finished but I'll write down my moveset I plan for them. I could really use help on them.

"Finished" pokemon:
Arcanine, Hasty
Moves: Crunch, flamethrower, thunder fang, extremespeed
Jolteon, Hardy
moves: signal beam, thunder wave, thunderbolt, shadow ball
Flygon, Adamant
Moves: crunch, fly, dragon claw, earthquake

Works in progress:
I am still trying to hatch this umbreon
Umbreon, careful
moves: curse, toxic, moonlight, payback

This Lucario is my biggest issue right now. I'm trying to make him a special sweeper.
Lucario, Modest
Moves: aura sphere, dragon pulse, dark pulse, psychic
I don't know if his stats are okay for what he's going to become. he doesn't yet have all the moves I plan for him to get. here are his stats:
hp- 115
atk- 97
def- 73
sp. atk- 117
sp. def- 69
spd- 90

So this is my five man team. Please let me know what you think of it, and help me with it if you can.

P.S.- This is my first thread outside of the welcome lounge. Please let me know if I did something wrong.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Based off your stats, Lucario seems to have a lot higher Sp. Attack than Attack, so making it a special-sweeper is definitely a good idea. If I were in your shoes, this is exactly what I would do, to be honest. Have you decided on a sixth Pokémon yet? If not, then my suggestion would be Gyarados. It's not that tough to get a hold of, and is able to make a great physical-sweeper. As far as moves go, try Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Waterfall, and maybe Stone Edge; as soon as you use Dragon Dance, you would then be all set to take down your opponent with rest of your attacks. In general, Gyarados is very fun to use!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Gyarados sounds like a great idea! I'll try him out. Any idea's as far as nature goes for him? also, you're right, magikarp is everywhere, it can't be too hard to train up. Not to mention you get a free shiny gyarados in every playthrough of this game. Well, I'm off to catch one then! Thanks for the help.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Gyarados sounds like a great idea! I'll try him out. Any idea's as far as nature goes for him? also, you're right, magikarp is everywhere, it can't be too hard to train up. Not to mention you get a free shiny gyarados in every playthrough of this game. Well, I'm off to catch one then! Thanks for the help.

No problemo. A good nature for it would be Adamant, as the Pokémon usually specializes in physical hits. This isn't exactly mandatory, though, since it's in-game and not competitive.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
No problemo. A good nature for it would be Adamant, as the Pokémon usually specializes in physical hits. This isn't exactly mandatory, though, since it's in-game and not competitive.

Even though it's in-game, I like to create the best pokemon I possibly can you know? But that makes sense for a nature. if it's a physical hitter might as well make it a physical sweeper.

I've been playing with breeding the past couple days. got curse on a careful natured eevee finally. Then a friend of mine showed me this video with someone battling with an arcanine and it had morning sun. I had no idea that was an option.... so now I'm breeding a smeargle with my arcanine to get a growlithe with mornng sun. I plan to replace extreme speed with morning sun since arcanine is so fast that I never really need it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, Morning Sun is definitely a good move to have on Arcanine. If you're going with it, though, I'd recommend teach it Sunny Day as well. With this, you'd be able to recover a lot more of your health than you normally do. Alongside, you should also try Solar Beam and Flamethrower. Former is quite a powerful attack, and you'd be able to take many water, ground, and rock Pokémon, and with former, you're able to cover grass-types, as well as bug and steel. If you like, you could always replace Flamethrower with Fire Blast, but its accuracy isn't as great. Though, it does cause a lot of damage, which I'm sure you'll enjoy. If you're going with physical set, then perhaps you could try Flare Blitz and Close Combat; they're both equally as good!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Hm.... I like your idea with the sunny day, and solar beam sounds like it would cover a lot of Arcanines core weakness's. Plus if I have a pokemon with sunny day on my team, it will help my Umbreon with it's moonlight right? This sounds great! I never would have thought of this myself! I'm definitely going to try this.

Back