• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Can't move past the door

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Hi everyone.

I just startet playing around with pokemon essentials, following a youtube video.

I made a door and events on it so that I can walk in and out, but when I exit the house ot's like something is blocking my path. I can't move.

Anyone knows how to fix this. It makes the same sound as if there is and obstacle in the way but nothing is there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    Oh yes, with such a wealth of information I can even cure cancer!
    (You have to do more than say "It doesn't work." Upload the map or something.)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    Hello! It sounds like you want to check your movement permissions. If that is the problem then it's easily fixed. Ideally the door tile and the tiles in front of it should both allow movement.

To check movement permissions, go to tools - database - tile sets and then find the tileset in question. Make sure the tiles in question are set with a circle, meaning you can walk on them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2017
    Add a 'through on' in the second page of the door event in the player movement event at the begining and a 'through off' at the end

Back