• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] How to use my custom sprites and Cries for pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    Hello, this is my first post. i wanted to ask, how can i use any Custom .gif or static sprites that i downloaded in my game. also, how to use the pokemon sounds(cries) too.

there is small another thing, how to get some new Battle Graphics. like if pikachu uses thunder shock, the animation of thunder shock plays like in real anime... please help me.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Here are the basics, but with a bit of research you will find more detailled answers to your questions.

Sprites: Place your files in Graphics/Battlers and rename them depending on the number of your Pokemon (001 is bulbasaur front sprite, 001b is bulbasaur back sprite, 001s and 001sb are the shiny versions).
    That's it if you're simply replacing sprites of existing Pokemon. If you want to create Fakemon, you will have to define them in the PBS files.
    Gif format is not officially supported. If you want custom animated sprites, I would advise you to make them yourself.

Cries: Simply drop your files in Audio/SE. "001Cry" is Bulbasaur cry, and so on.

Battle animations: you have to create your custom animations by yourself, opening the Editor in the main folder, and creating the animations from scratch. That is not an easy task, you have to find the right resources and to understand how the animation editor works. Good luck with that.

Back