• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] Platinum Blind Playthrough

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    So I'm doing a blind playthrough of Pokemon Platinum, but not 'blind' as in first time playing it, but blind as in I can't see the screen ever, at any time until the E4 and Cynthia is defeated. I'm using Desmume emulator, and turning off the video layers in order to not have the gameplay visible at all, it's literally just a blank white screen with sound. I'm doing this on Platinum because I'm familiar with Platinum more so than any other Pokemon game.

So, I'll post updates whenever something significant happens, and hopefully I can get throguh the entire game. SIDENOTE: Just because I can't see my DS screen at all doesn't mean that I can't look up what areas in the game look like, and that I can't look at other people's gameplay. I will probably do both of those things if I get really lost. I don't count this as cheating because I still can't see where I am at all, so it's not breaking the blind playthrough rules.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Eh. I've played through Platinum at least 5 or 6 times, and I can visualize what every area looks like, more or less. Keep in mind that I said I could look at images of the game online, I just can't look at my game. So, as long as I know where I am and don't lose track it won't be too impossible. I do expect this to be a long term thing though, so maybe ~300-400 hours? IDK. I'm going to start later today so I'll see how far I can get in like 1~2 hours and then my I'll adjust my estimate based on that.

Back