• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Hey two questions.

You know when you click start, and theres that blue thing at the bottom of the screen. It got gargled so I need to repoint a new one. Where can I find it? (Preferably in UnLZ but offset is fine.)

You know how crys and cleverly attached to pokepics? Well it gets annoying when you do this.

Spoiler:

Is there any way of detaching cries from pokepics, but only for certain slots?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Is there any way of detaching cries from pokepics, but only for certain slots?
If you can find a program that can alter Pokemon cries, then you can change the dummy Pokemon slots' cries to silent 0-length ones.

Alternatively, if you're using JPAN's engine in that FireRed hack, you can read the instructions for his "Show uncompressed picture" feature.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
Back again lol. I can't seem to find any information on how to change the menu text(by menu I mean "Pokedex, Pokemon, bag, etc.) Is it an image or text? And if so where can I find it in Fire Red?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Back again lol. I can't seem to find any information on how to change the menu text(by menu I mean "Pokedex, Pokemon, bag, etc.) Is it an image or text? And if so where can I find it in Fire Red?
It is text.

I don't know where it is in FireRed. The easiest way to find it, I think, would be to do a search through the ROM for "SAVE", using a hex editor. Find that, and write down the offset. Then, search for a pointer to that offset. This is assuming that the pointers for each menu option are stored near each other in a table (which would be optimal scenario, as you could then easily repoint the menu texts as needed).

(As opposed to just searching for "POKeMON" or "POKeDEX", which would give you countless false matches.)

pikachu15396

Flygon Seeker
Years
When you open your ROM, you should be able to select ROM Resizer.

I guess i don't have that version. or, i'm stupid - i open my rom (i think) and nothing pops up that says "Rom Resizer" it just stops at "Free Space Finder"

I guess i don't have that version. or, i'm stupid - i open my rom (i think) and nothing pops up that says "Rom Resizer" it just stops at "Free Space Finder"

ugh, forget it. i didn't want to play that hack anyways..

Last edited:

pidizz

ludicolo Will defeat anything!
Years
Seriously guys, i need help with my title screen.
I'm hacking ruby and first when i import my final product to unzl gba it says image not indexed then i index it and it gets messed up in game, i've been trying for days and i need help, please ?

OK so this is what i wanted (in black n white):

View attachment 62504

And this is what i got in game:

View attachment 62505
And as you can see i didn't want any bubbles to show but theres small black dots floating, and i wanted the outlines on the sprite to glow like it does on groudon..
And the palletes are wrong too
Would appreciate some help here
Thanks.

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Seriously guys, i need help with my title screen.
I'm hacking ruby and first when i import my final product to unzl gba it says image not indexed then i index it and it gets messed up in game, i've been trying for days and i need help, please ?

OK so this is what i wanted (in black n white):

View attachment 62504

And this is what i got in game:

View attachment 62505
And as you can see i didn't want any bubbles to show but theres small black dots floating, and i wanted the outlines on the sprite to glow like it does on groudon..
And the palletes are wrong too
Would appreciate some help here
Thanks.

I don't know if i can really help here you because i never hacked a ruby TS but imma try :3
First off as much info you gave it seems to me that you didn't import a new raw file means you just inserted the new picture.
And you didn't use APE to hack the pallete :)
Also i would suguest using a tutorial if you aren't using one like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qEygDQfBiE
And you should look up a tutorial how to index a picture right because it seems to me like you made somehting there wrong too
use this one for example:)
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4279900/how_to_index_and_insert_a_sprite_into_pkmn_fire_red_rom/
hope i was able to help you a little bit...or hope i showed you the road of how to do it xDD

Epitaph93

Years
It is text.

I don't know where it is in FireRed. The easiest way to find it, I think, would be to do a search through the ROM for "SAVE", using a hex editor. Find that, and write down the offset. Then, search for a pointer to that offset. This is assuming that the pointers for each menu option are stored near each other in a table (which would be optimal scenario, as you could then easily repoint the menu texts as needed).

(As opposed to just searching for "POKeMON" or "POKeDEX", which would give you countless false matches.)

Okay I found it using your method, and like you said they were all grouped together around 416180. The only problem is that I can't find "Pokemon" anywhere in this area. Any idea where it might be? I'll keep manually searching.

EDIT: Never mind lol. I found it a little ways up. I was searching all over the place then finally started searching close to the text lol. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

pidizz

ludicolo Will defeat anything!
Years
Thanks anbujas_bloody for the help, even though it didn't work i really appreciate it.
Maybe i should stick to fire red since i've made my titlescreen on it.
But anyway thanks again for the help and tutorials ! :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2022
hi im here again, with yet another sprite inserting question. im inserting sprites with advance pokemon sprite editor and after i resize and fix a "bigger" sprite and try to insert it, then the sprite gets all screwed up and only certain parts of the sprite show up.
how do i fix this? and how did it happen so it doesnt happen agian?
thnks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
How do you hack the title screen.. I did search aroud and try it but I still can't get it right

Okay back again... I cant seem to find out how to give the hero the national pokedex.. Does anyone know how?

Last edited:

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
hi im here again, with yet another sprite inserting question. im inserting sprites with advance pokemon sprite editor and after i resize and fix a "bigger" sprite and try to insert it, then the sprite gets all screwed up and only certain parts of the sprite show up.
how do i fix this? and how did it happen so it doesnt happen agian?
thnks!

Could you make a screenshot and upload it on imageshack?
Of course make the link censored cause you don't have 15 post yet...

How do you hack the title screen.. I did search aroud and try it but I still can't get it right

Okay back again... I cant seem to find out how to give the hero the national pokedex.. Does anyone know how?

1. Title screen... ruby, fire red? PLEASE always write the version
2. You have to write a script (the best would be in XSE cause you can simultaneously compile it). If you don't know how to do it then find kind of "HUGE XSE TUTORIAL". There's everything you need to write the script (with national pokedex special command too)

Last edited:

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
This is going to sound super noobish but...
I'm using Advance Text, and didn't see the Gym sign for Vermilion. I also can't open its script through Advance Map. How to I search for it in PKSV, since that seems to be the only thing I can do?

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I'm using Advance Text, and didn't see the Gym sign for Vermilion. I also can't open its script through Advance Map. How to I search for it in PKSV, since that seems to be the only thing I can do?

Try to find it in hex editor, like Thingy32. Of course you need table with characters. You can make your own in program called TaBuLar (character set here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189143 in attached files below). Then open Thingy32 and TWICE open the table (tbl) file. Then press s for search and write your text you want to edit. If it doesn't work try to do it in another hex editor like Hex Workshop.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Use AdvanceMap to find the Signpost Event for the Gym sign, and then copy down its offset. Use PKSV or XSE to decompile the script at that offset. Inside the script, there should be another offset pointing to the location of the text.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
is any tools for hacking the dialogue in any mystery dungeon game? I know of the starter hack and that weird one by grovyle91 but is there anything else?

Epitaph93

Years
I'm looking for some sort of fusion script. I was looking around on the site for some sort of custom script, but never found anything. Then I started looking for a hack that instilled a fusion system. I have yet to find one that's even in beta, as it seems most of them were abandoned over a year ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If I don't get this script then my DIGIMON don't get to DNA Digivolve :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back