• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to this and trying to figure out abilities

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
So I've gotten the hang of adding pokemon to this system, as well as adding moves and creating moves. Haven't done anything too difficult yet, so it's been pretty good. But now I'm trying to come up with new abilities. I've been reading through other abilities, and trying to build them off of that. But haven't had much success.
For starters, I was trying to make an ability that causes any attacks received to have a 25% chance to be dodged, with a 15% chance to basically return that dodged damage to the opponent. Is something like this even possible in this system? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
For starters, I was trying to make an ability that causes any attacks received to have a 25% chance to be dodged, with a 15% chance to basically return that dodged damage to the opponent. Is something like this even possible in this system? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

So. The short answer is yes, but you'll have to work out how to make it work like that.

The longer answer is, try one of these as a starting point:
1. Base your ability off of something like that increases evasion like Sand Veil. Then find the code that runs when an attack misses and change it so that if the target has this ability then the damage that would have been done is returned instead (this isn't quite what you want?it would effect natural misses too).
2. Base your ability off of something that does damage to attackers like Spiky Shield.
3. Base your ability off of something that does damage to the user proportional to the damage it dealt (i.e. recoil) such as Double Edge, or even something like Giga Drain could point you in the right direction.

Back