• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon BioTerror Chapter 1

f-croco0708

Delicious FriedCroco in frying pan!
Years
Hello everybody. I'm hoangtrung0708, or you can call me Fried Crocodile (FriedCroco for short). Today, I would like to introduce my Pokemon Fan game project.

Pokémon BioTerror

This is a project using RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials system.​

~ Story Plot ~​

A new whole interesting life awaits a young girl when she starts her journey.
A repetitive whole boring life leads a young boy when he graduates from his academy.
Two different lives, two different points of view, and they are suddenly messed up by a single terror attack.
Their ways meet, and they finally share their new destiny - fight together against the new terrorists team - team Sodius.
Can they protect their precious things and their beloved home - Chemia Region?​

~ Features ~​

- Two side stories.
- Gen I-VI Pokemons.
- New Fakemons (8 in the current demo), 3 secondary starters included.
- A whole new Chemia Region to explore.
~ Progress ~​

Current release: Chapter 1 (Download link below)
- 1 gym
- about 2 ~ 3 hours gameplay.​

~ Screenshot ~​

Spoiler:

~ Bugs and Errors ~​

Sorry for my bad English. There must be a lot of grammar mistakes in the game.
Known bugs:
- Flame Burst: when the flame hits the opposing partner, it will show "The flame hit the opposing {1}". This bug doesn't crash your game.​
Known error:
- If you choose the boy, after leaving the hostel building, enter it again will cause you transfer to a different place. Please don't reenter the hostel. (Luckily it only happens in the beginning moment of the game)

~ Credit ~​

Spoiler:

~ Download ~

Current: Pokemon BioTerror Chapter 1:
mediafire.com/file/t5aw9ay1lfd425w/Pokemon+BioTerror+Chapter+1.rar
Thanks for your supporting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
I wrote a really long review, but the forum ate it. Shoot. Here's the short version.

Pros: The art looks really good! The story seems interesting, at least on the boy's side, and the new Pokemon are creative and fun. I'm interested to see where it goes next. That said...

Cons: The big problem, and I mean the BIG problem, is the level design. All of the maps are too big and have too many trainers. It's tempting to give your players a huge, open space to run around in, but when there's nothing in these big maps to see all this accomplishes is that it takes much longer to get anywhere. And in both the girl's and the boy's story, the first area that I reach, before I have a chance to catch a Pokemon for myself, is a really long dungeon full of trainers with too many Pokemon each. It takes a really, really long time to get through them, with no place to heal or fight wild Pokemon to level up, so the only way to get through it is to repeatedly lose and walk back all the way from the start. It was so tedious to get through that in both versions I eventually just gave up and stopped playing. If this were later in the game, when I have my own, unique team and have to train and strategize to overcome the challenges, then this would be great, but at the moment it's just a long, dull tunnel of using the same move over and over again. If you made the maps smaller and made at least the start of the game quicker to get through, then I'd be interested to try again and see where the story goes. For now, it just wasn't fun.

f-croco0708

Delicious FriedCroco in frying pan!
Years
I wrote a really long review, but the forum ate it. Shoot. Here's the short version.

Pros: The art looks really good! The story seems interesting, at least on the boy's side, and the new Pokemon are creative and fun. I'm interested to see where it goes next. That said...

Cons: The big problem, and I mean the BIG problem, is the level design. All of the maps are too big and have too many trainers. It's tempting to give your players a huge, open space to run around in, but when there's nothing in these big maps to see all this accomplishes is that it takes much longer to get anywhere. And in both the girl's and the boy's story, the first area that I reach, before I have a chance to catch a Pokemon for myself, is a really long dungeon full of trainers with too many Pokemon each. It takes a really, really long time to get through them, with no place to heal or fight wild Pokemon to level up, so the only way to get through it is to repeatedly lose and walk back all the way from the start. It was so tedious to get through that in both versions I eventually just gave up and stopped playing. If this were later in the game, when I have my own, unique team and have to train and strategize to overcome the challenges, then this would be great, but at the moment it's just a long, dull tunnel of using the same move over and over again. If you made the maps smaller and made at least the start of the game quicker to get through, then I'd be interested to try again and see where the story goes. For now, it just wasn't fun.
You have brightened me a lot. Then I'm sure the next release will get dramatic change: smaller dungeon and more places to catch wild Pokemon. And I will add more stories in those first dungeons too, so that it won't be boring ever again. Anyway, your feedback sure helps me. Thanks very much.

Back