• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Auro: and the City of Fire

Somni

Robot Assassin
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    projectaurole.png

-Introduction-
    Auro and the City of Fire, is a side project I am undertaking. It is very similar to the Pokemon games and in general will contain the Pokemon atmosphere. The world is filled with powerful creatures that can be captured and used for fighting, support, and ambition. However, the game takes place in the distant past. This will not be a Pokemon game-it will be my exploration and imaginative approach to a Pokemon-like game. It is a dark setting, where evil and magic is very present and where powerful magical creatures are the means and weapons.

At the moment I only plan on making this a short game with limited content. If it is successful I will continue to develop it into a longer game.

-Setting-
    In the land of Aradoon, there exist many powerful kinds of creatures called Aramons. Some are very magical and some have powerful strength. Through magic, people are able to capture Aramons inside gems and crystals.

-Character-
    You play a character named Auro. Startled awake, Auro finds himself in the middle of a dark forest alone; he does not remember who he is. In an attempt to rediscover his identity, Auro travels throughout the land accomplishing quests. He is accompanied by an Aramon.

-Story-
    You awaken in a dark damp forest, all alone; but quickly you are joined by a helpful Aramon that helps you find your way. Together you and the Aramon strive to recollect your lost memories. However, the land of Aradoon is in turmoil; the Emperor has been killed, and the empire has been taken over by a powerful sorcerer who has been able to capture an ancient creature. The new Emperor's madness and lust for power has driven him to wage war against all his enemies, even at the cost of destroying his own people. Will you stand up against the Great Tyrant, or will you join him and invoke havoc alongside him? Whatever choices you choose comes with consequences and ultimately affects the fate of Aradoon.

-Proposed Features-
    -Pokemon-like battle system
    -Creatures with skills and magic powers
    -Wondrous and mysterious locations
    -Completely customized and stylized graphics
    -Choices that will affect the outcome of the game
    -8-directional movement

-Conceptual Maps and Battle Screen-
    display1.jpg

map4w.jpg

map3.jpg

Any critique and suggestions are welcome!

All artwork, screenshots, and graphics are copyrighted 2011 Sean Cruz.

Last edited:

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2014
    Wow, these are amazing!

Have these been implemented, or are all the screenshots you're showing only on the conceptual level? And what are you making this in? A pre-made engine or customly creating your own?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2015
    How similar to Pokémon will this be? Some sort of Gyms, or trials the player will have to face? Or is this just using the idea of 'Pocket Monsters'?

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    @SoaringSomeone: thank you! They are panoramic and will be implemented in the game. Although they might change through time. For example, I might change the buildings because I feel they don't truly fit with the environment's style. I will be making this in RPGmaker XP using the starter kit.

@DJClass: Right now the closest thing to pokemon is the concept of capturing creatures. Unlike pokemon, my game is not about defeating high leveled trainers. But I am thinking of doing something similar. For example, certain towns might have certain characters that have clues or information you need for your quest and in order to retrieve it you need to battle them.

Here's a sneak peak at some of the Aramons or creatures that will be in the game. They will not be pixel-drawn-they will appear just like this in-game to fit with the style of the game.

aramonpreview.png

Please do not use my drawings or designs for your own game. All drawings, designs, and graphics are copyrighted 2011 Sean Cruz.

Last edited:

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    Recruiting Coders!

projectaurole.png

• Team name: Project Auro
    • Team Leader: Sean Cruz(Somni)
    • Current Members: Somni
    • Current Game title: Auro: and the City of Fire
    • Current progress made: 10%
    • Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    • Preferred Method of contact: PM or Email: [email protected]
    • Game Maker Engine: RMXP
    • Positions Available/Needed:
      -Coders who understand and can modify the Pokemon Starter Kit well.
      -Coders who can modify the menus, the battle interface, and rpg elements of the Pokemon Starter Kit.

Additional Information:
    Project Auro is similar to Pokemon games-you capture creatures and build a party with them. However, there will be key differences: there will be new rpg elements, new graphics, and true moral dilemmas that will shape the game. The game setting takes place in a much darker, gruesome time period, where magic exists, and is used to capture wild creatures called Aramons.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Understand that you do not have to be experienced in doing everything. If you could do just one of the things listed below I will consider your application. If you can do more than one thing-great! If you have mild or little experience in coding, I might consider your application if you are dedicated to learning the Kit or program on the job.

How to Apply:

• Full Name:
    • What You Can Do: (What can you do from the coding listed above)
    • Contact(Preferrably Skype/MSN. If not then just name the best way to contact you)
    • Showcase: (Can be collaborations on other projects or videos of past projects, etc)

All graphics, concepts, and designs are copyrighted by Sean Cruz 2011

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    I hope you finish this :D
    I always liked the idea of some pokemon-like game with an darker story and cool artstyle.

Years
  • Looks interesting.
    I'm jelly, might play this more then my game.
    Bwahaha.
    no but seriously, I like the style you're trying to go with graphically.
    :)

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    Looks interesting.
    I'm jelly, might play this more then my game.
    Bwahaha.
    no but seriously, I like the style you're trying to go with graphically.
    :)

:P thanks!

So here are the starters for the game. They appear dark because of the white background, but in the game they will be against darker backgrounds.

starterspreview.png

Years
  • :P thanks!

So here are the starters for the game. They appear dark because of the white background, but in the game they will be against darker backgrounds.

starterspreview.png
    OMG NARWHAL
    Dibbs for sure.
    They're creative. all linear types in their evolutionary stages or going to be multi-types? or undecided? :D

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    OMG NARWHAL
    Dibbs for sure.
    They're creative. all linear types in their evolutionary stages or going to be multi-types? or undecided? :D

Do you mean their elemental types? Like grass only?

If in that case, no. I enjoy having multiple types.

ゴルーグ

スーパーロボット
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    Two questions. Can you evolve them, or grow them like in Pokemon? And how do you catch them?

Atomic Reactor

Only gripe I have is the overworld characters, I think they would look better if they were a little more... Larger? Idk, I can barely see them haha.
    But other than that, this looks amazing. Very original graphical taste. I love it, keep it up!

edogg

EXTREME mapper
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2014
    Wow its just AWESOME. I am looking forward to this game.

Years
  • This probably has me the most excited. I've been looking for something like this. Totally stoked for this dude.

Back