• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: QuarantineCrystal [FULL FAKEDEX - 12 GYM+ DEMO OUT NOW!] v. 0.804 - updated 03/02/2024

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 15, 2022
Hey is there any doc with information on the mons? I have been thinking about doing some mono type runs and I just wanted to know how difficult they would be.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 14, 2023
Hey is there any doc with information on the mons? I have been thinking about doing some mono type runs and I just wanted to know how difficult they would be.

no public info yet, but the dex is balanced so that you can get a great monotype team out of any type! what type are you going for?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
A new patch, 0.602 has been released! This was mostly bugfixes, with a notable exception.
Patch notes:
  • Over 30+ backsprites have been updated courtesy of daz!
  • A bug in which incorrect music would play when fighting female pokemaniacs has been fixed
  • A bug in which certain odd egg mons could have an incorrect amount of experience has been fixed
  • A bug in which roaming legends could end up poisoned in their first encounter depending on story events has been fixed
  • A bug where a rematch with Cooltrainer Beth resulted in a level 253 upwhale has been fixed. This one was kind of funny though
  • A few bits of dialogue have been changed around the region to help point people to new features like move reminder/fossil locations
  • Various typos have been fixed and a couple references to old pokemon have been removed
  • Minor balance changes: Nanuqua's level-up movepool is more spread-out in the 20s and 30s, Phanguard evolves through level up rather than friendship

There was an error but now it's ok :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Is there a google drive document that shows all the evolution methods for this. The game is amazing but I have had some trouble figuring out some evolutions

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
New patch - includes several major graphical improvements and typo fixes! Don't wanna miss this one!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I've tried this game and i'm in love now!
There will be more updates?? :O

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Yes - pinky promise the project is alive and well. Can't give any firm dates or anything just yet though.
And I'm glad to hear you enjoyed. What pokemon were your favorite?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
This question is hard to answer cause i think i've never seen so much genial and fresh designs on fakemons '^^

Every new pokemon that i encounter make me wanna train them to see how they evolve.

Honestly i'm willing to pay to see this game completed...man, i wasn't so excited by a pokemon game since Emerald.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 12, 2022
Made an account to say that I'm really enjoying the game. Love the QOL changes and the Fakemon designs-- they are so cool and cute! Just wanted to show support of the project and that I hope it gets updated soon. Thanks for the game!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I'm on the third gym now and absolutely loving the sprite work. But MAN I would kill for some documentation or a full dex. The designs are so off-the-wall that it's hard to tell what the heck I'm fighting most of the time. If I could just know every mon's typing I would be having a much easier time. 😅

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Usually I beat the E4 before leaving a review so I'd have screenshots of my Hall of Fame but this time I think I'm gonna call it early. I just reached Victory Road and decided it was too tough for me to keep going. If even normal CoolTrainers are causing me to white out, I don't want to imagine what the E4 and Champion is like.

I guess I'll start with what I really liked, and I think it's obvious to anyone already: the sprite work. Goddamn this is some style. The Fakemon are absolutely hideous-- and I mean that in a good way. They truly put the "monster" back in Pocket Monster here. Every entry looks nothing short of a monstrosity. Apparently the designs came from randomly generated prompts, which is both hilarious and amazing. It shows the incredible talent and imagination of the artists that brought all of these designs to life in truly incredible sprite work.

My complaint would be that no documentation exists online. And I don't mean super detailed stuff like movepools and individual base stats. I mean just the basics (like Typing). The designs, while very imaginative and well-realized, are so abstract and horrifying that it can be hard to tell what everyone's Typing is. In every battle you run into, you essentially have to probing the enemy Pokemon with every element you have until you stumble upon a weakness or a resistance. Considering the high difficulty curve, this is a luxury you cannot often afford; meaning you'll be doing a lot of save scumming just to find out what the heck you're up against.

The closest I've been able to find is this graphic from Reddit:
1706355372029.png
Even this definitely helps a LOT, but as you can see it's still quite incomplete.

In the off chance that one of the devs is actually reading this, I am begging you: please release some sort of documentation that shows the Typing of each mon. That's all. I don't need movepools, locations, base stats, or anything more. Just a helpful document telling me what attacks I should be using against the four-headed monstrosity bearing down on me with claws, wings, eyeballs, and tentacles.

If I had that then I would happily try the game again, even over from scratch. But as it is right now I think it's just too frustrating for me to pick up again. Kudos again to all the very talented artists, spriters, and coders that worked on this unique and ambitious rom hack.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Usually I beat the E4 before leaving a review so I'd have screenshots of my Hall of Fame but this time I think I'm gonna call it early. I just reached Victory Road and decided it was too tough for me to keep going. If even normal CoolTrainers are causing me to white out, I don't want to imagine what the E4 and Champion is like.

I guess I'll start with what I really liked, and I think it's obvious to anyone already: the sprite work. Goddamn this is some style. The Fakemon are absolutely hideous-- and I mean that in a good way. They truly put the "monster" back in Pocket Monster here. Every entry looks nothing short of a monstrosity. Apparently the designs came from randomly generated prompts, which is both hilarious and amazing. It shows the incredible talent and imagination of the artists that brought all of these designs to life in truly incredible sprite work.

My complaint would be that no documentation exists online. And I don't mean super detailed stuff like movepools and individual base stats. I mean just the basics (like Typing). The designs, while very imaginative and well-realized, are so abstract and horrifying that it can be hard to tell what everyone's Typing is. In every battle you run into, you essentially have to probing the enemy Pokemon with every element you have until you stumble upon a weakness or a resistance. Considering the high difficulty curve, this is a luxury you cannot often afford; meaning you'll be doing a lot of save scumming just to find out what the heck you're up against.

The closest I've been able to find is this graphic from Reddit:

Even this definitely helps a LOT, but as you can see it's still quite incomplete.

In the off chance that one of the devs is actually reading this, I am begging you: please release some sort of documentation that shows the Typing of each mon. That's all. I don't need movepools, locations, base stats, or anything more. Just a helpful document telling me what attacks I should be using against the four-headed monstrosity bearing down on me with claws, wings, eyeballs, and tentacles.

If I had that then I would happily try the game again, even over from scratch. But as it is right now I think it's just too frustrating for me to pick up again. Kudos again to all the very talented artists, spriters, and coders that worked on this unique and ambitious rom hack.
even posting this image goes directly against the wishes of the creators of this hack, if they do not want to provide documentation they do not have to

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
0.8 collage.png
  • New tileset for both regions
  • An almost entire revamp of the in-game sprites
  • New mini sprites - majority of the pokemon
  • Kanto adventure has begun, half of the Gym battles are available
  • Several new songs by Toothpaste
  • New areas scattered in Johto, such as Tidal Cave, Taiko Festival Grounds, and Garden Glade
  • Some moves like Whirlpool and Submission have been cut
  • A new Battle Facility in Kanto, an updated version of the Fighting Dojo
  • HMs are now TMs, and there are new TMs like Moonblast and Spike Cannon

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Pranked, there was a gamebreaking bug in 0.801, so 0.802 is now here in the mediafire. The bug isn't until lategame but still, might as well get the fixin' while the fixin's good :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Hi there, I'm new here but a huge fan of your work. Was excited to play the new update, but MyBoy and mGBA won't play it for me. Used a Crystal 1.1 like you said. My JohnGBC played all of your other versions fine but this update said I can't. Just wondering if there's something else I can try.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Hi there, I'm new here but a huge fan of your work. Was excited to play the new update, but MyBoy and mGBA won't play it for me. Used a Crystal 1.1 like you said. My JohnGBA played all of your other versions fine but this update said I can't. Just wondering if there's something else I can try.
I don't know about phones but on pc bgb all the way.

Back