• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Would someone be able to review my story?

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
  • Hello,

I'd like to present my idea for a story for my ROM Hack. If it's possible, I would like a lot of criticism, whether it's because I'm using cliches that I haven't spotted out, or story beats seen in other media a lot. I want to make sure my story is unique, but also interesting. I'd also like to warn that some of the ideas are a bit graphic, so I'll put them in a spoiler so that no one has to read it if they don't want to. I'll just be posting the main idea, which essentially covers most of the ROM Hack:

You start your journey in the Unova region and phases into my fan-made region, the Nonto region. The timeline is roughly around Black 2/White 2 era, let's say it's a bit before the time where the protagonist of Black 2/White 2 started their journey. Your mother is the president of the Nonto Gym Leader Programme Association, a special company that runs the Gym Leader Programme, essentially where people far and wide will test their skills amongst several trained teachers to see if they are competent enough to become a Gym Leader. Your father is the ex-Champion of the Unova region and has settled into the mining business that's boomed in Driftveil City's Clay Tunnel. You also have your family's pet, a trusty Lillipup. As for you, you're a 16 year old mute with a lot of potential, having a deep knowledge of Pokemon battling and are excited to try your hand at becoming the Champion.

As the protagonist, you decided to take on the Gym Challenge like your father did. Starting in a far-off town from Nuvema (don't know what to do about that place yet), you make your way to the first two Gym challenges of the Unova region, Striation and Nacrene City. Throughout this, your parents are alongside you, because they're interested in the protagonist's Gym challenge, even taking days off their work to watch their child succeed. However, once you arrive in Castelia City, a whole horde of Neo Team Plasma grunts are sabotaging the city. Two of the grunts see you and your parents and they approach you. The grunts take an interest in now what's become your Herdier, but the parents disapprove and suggest to settle it through battle. However, the grunts didn't settle it fairly.
    Spoiler:
    The protagonist then runs as fast as they can back to their home to escape the grunts, who then lose interest in the protagonist. The protagonist settles at home, where they cry and cuddle their Herdier for comfort.

7 years pass. The protagonist is still living in their home in Unova, it's mostly run down. The protagonist is out of money, starving, as is their Herdier. They have no job, no income, no food at all, nor anybody else to help them. The hometown has been ravaged, alongside most of the closer towns in the Unova region due to Plasma occupation. The Herdier in particular is severely malnourished and is close to death. It's too unsafe to venture outside the town. The Herdier looks the player in the eyes which incites this rage in the protagonist to fix their life up and do something for the benefit of those the protagonist loves, their Herdier, and their parent's cause. The protagonist, with whatever they have left catches a plane to the Nonto region. (somehow, I haven't thought this through properly yet) They protagonist gets to Drevos Town, where they meet their aunty and uncle, who assist the protagonist and their Herdier to regain their health. It's here where the protagonist does a hard-restart on their life and decides to become a Gym Leader to protect all that they love and many more. Conveniently, the Gym Leader Programme regime takes place in the Nonto region and from then on attempts to become a Gym Leader with support from their aunty and uncle.

That is the story so far and stays the same mostly until the end, where there is a scene that is meant to wrap up the story in a sadder way.

Last edited:
    Back