• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] I need help creating a new ability

Amethyst Enterprises

The most attractive being in the universe.
Years
  • I`m creating a pokemon fangame using RPG maker XP called pokemon amethyst (I`m pretty sure there are others of the same name out there) that will be released sometime in september(hopefully). There is one evolution line based off the tartigrade that takes loads of elements from...tanks. The final member of the evolution line has an ability that is made to be overpowered. It works like truant, except instead of not moving it doesn`t take damage from the opponent`s attacks. I`m not exactly sure how to code it in. Please help.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Near the end of the damage calculation code you could put in code that sets damage to 0 if a Pok?mon has the ability and its Truant-like protection effect is true. For the Truant-like effect, look at where Truant is programmed and base it on that.

Mechanics-wise, how would your ability work regarding status moves?

Amethyst Enterprises

The most attractive being in the universe.
    Years
  • Regarding status moves, it depends what you mean. If its already poisoned/burned then it will take damage from its status effect like normally. If the opponent uses a status move on it then it will work like any other move, not affecting the pokemon.

Back