• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick query about evolutions in Fire Red

Years
  • Hello all. Thanks for readin'. xxx

IIRC in Fire Red/Leaf Green, until you obtained the national dex you couldn't obtain non-Kanto pokemon by any means, so even if your Golbat Chansey or Eevee for example had max friendship they would still refuse to evolve before a certain point.
    2 quick questions, firstly is there a particular flag I need to set in order to clear this parameter and allow Pokemon to evolve into their non-Kanto counterparts from the get go, or is it just the national dex flag that needs to be set.
    Secondly, how does the game actually know time-of-day for evolutions such as Espeon/Umbreon, because there's no clock-setting in Fire Red.
    Thanks and sorry for the lack of question marks, my shift key has decided to stop working...

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    I can answer the second one: FireRed does not recognize time of day at all, meaning there is no way to evolve Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon in FR. It's possible in R/S/E however.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Fun Fact: FRLG lacks time. Espeon and Umbreon can only be obtained via trading. (just to make the bullcrap with evolutions even worse)

also if your shift key doesn't work, how did you get parenthesis or capital letters?

Last edited:
    Back