• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] [EM] Script (XSE) freezes game

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    So I am still desperate failing to find out what's wrong with my script for my Emerald based hack. It is supposed to activate, when you step on a certain script in the OW.

What I want the script to do is: First to check that the event hasnt happened yet and to make sure that a certain sprite is hidden until one has fought the rival in Rustboro City.
    Once that is done, stepping on the script shall make you (/the protagonist) notice (#raw 0x56) that a new person is on the map who wants to battle you. Screen fades black, you are slightly warped, screen turns normal, and the person appears and walks towards you. Blabla and Battle. After you win, the person gives you an item and walks away and disappears again (hidesprite 0x23).

By experimenting, I could figure out that the script would hide the sprite when neither flag 0x23 nor 0xD3 are set. As it is supposed to do. Only when flag 0xD3 is activated, the according subscript freezes the game.

The Script:
    Spoiler:

EDIT/Solved: I had to figure out that all my problems were mostly caused by a too great tile-distance of the script and the NPC. I assumed warping the player closer to the NPC would avoid that. It did not though. Fixing OW positions "fixed" the script.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    Maybe D3 is already being used by the game?

It is indeed already being used by the game. I used it on purpose to put my new event into the preset order of the story events of the game.
    I could eventually fix the problem. OP is edited. Still thank you.

Back