• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What happens when a shiny evolves?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2022
    If you have a shiny Pokemon, and it evolves, what happens? Will it lose its shininess and become a regular Pokemon again, or will it retain its colour scheme? I'm not going to start shiny-hunting until I know the answer to this question.

Edit:
    If two shinies breed, will their child be shiny, or is it random?

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • A shiny Pokemon will always remain shiny, even when it evolves. :) No need to worry. (Conversely, a regular Pokemon cannot evolve into a shiny Pokemon. It's fixed.)

pkmin3033

If two shiny Pokemon breed, there is no guarantee their offspring will be shiny unfortunately.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • If two shiny Pokemon breed, there is no guarantee their offspring will be shiny unfortunately.

I wish Nintendo kept the higher chances of getting an offspring Pokemon to be shiny if a shiny Pokemon was breeding in the daycare like in g/s/c days.

But, yeah, a Shiny Pokemon will always remain shiny. It won't suddenly be normal when you evolve it.

Back