• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multiple Form Pokemon (event)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2018
    Ok so I have added the necessary sprites needed so theres no graphical data missing. My question is how would I make an event to add a specific form pokemon to the players party?

I am trying to give the player clone pokemon (Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle.

I copied the beginning pokemon starter select script (which gives you a pokemon) but how do I change the forms of the pokemon within this event?

Also I have 2 methods of adding the pokemon (create new pokemon entirely or use forms) I would rather use the forms method so everything shows in the dex together instead of as Pokemon 800.

hope I was clear enough.

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Add those as a form. Let's say you add them as form number 3 (because Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtles final form all have at least one mega evolution.) The form number can be lower or higher too, but they all should be the same (you will see why).

Once you added the forms, go to the script section PField_EncounterModifiers and at the very bottom add this
    Code:
    #Make all wild Pok?mon have form 3
     Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
     pokemon=e[0]
     if $game_switches[81] #Number of game switch has to be one that is not being used by any other script or event
       pokemon.form=3 #Form number
     end
     }

Now when the game switch is turned on (f.e. via an event) all Pokemo that appear will be in form 3.
    So you just turn on this switch right before you give the player the pokemon and turn it off again as soon as the Pokemin was obtained.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2018
    Couldnt i just set up the Pokemon_Forms script as follows?

Spoiler:

Forgive me if the code looks screwy sent from mobile.

Last edited:

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Couldnt i just set up the Pokemon_Forms script as follows?

Spoiler:

Forgive me if the code looks screwy sent from mobile.

That works too. Even though this line
    Code:
    MultipleForms.copy (:CHARMANDER,:CHARMELEON,:CHARIZARD)
    does nothing. The pokemon keep their forms during evolution though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2018
    So the multipleforms wouldnt be needed in this case as they keep their form.

Only needed for alolan form pokemon? Or pokemon like shellos (was using his lines for alolan forms) (and arceus for silvally)

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • I was not quite correct with the statement about this line
    Code:
    MultipleForms.copy (:CHARMANDER,:CHARMELEON,:CHARIZARD)
    I just tested it with Charizard and didn't work. But I forgot that, since Charizard has a Mega Form, you'd have to add this
    Code:
    if $game_switches [101] # number of switch
    pokemon.form=1
    to his form register in the script section Pokemon_MegaEvolution.

Depending on how you want the Alolan form to appear, you either just need to register and set the form on the base Pokemon (they will keep their form after evolution) or you do the .copy thing for all the evolutions of this Pokemon (which is probably the safest way)

Back