• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Sinnoh sequel

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Hello everyone, I just created this account because I've being following this community a long time and never participated in any subject. I don't really know if this is the best place to post it so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a huge fan of pokemon and ROM hacks especially of gen 4. Since the introduction of mega evolution and ORAS i've being waiting so long for something it's never coming or at least that is what it looks like in the upcoming BDSP games and that is new mega evolutions and new primal forms, so I said "fine, i'll do it myself".
    So I started my proyect of a new game, the first issue is I don't know if making it a ROM hack or a pure new game with RPG Maker. I already have RPG Maker XP and it's really easy to use, in fact I already made Twinleaf Town and Route 201 (without NPCs and events), programmed the new mega evolutions, improved all pokemon (stats, abilities, movesets); which is the easy part and Pokemon Essencials really helps a lot, but since Pokemon Uranium was made by this application I'm a little bit afraid of the issues this proyect had since Nintendo takes down everything which threats its pockets. ROM hacking is the other option (I don't know if it can have legal issues either) but I don't really know how to use the tools, I saw some tutorials and I don't undestand it.
    The second issue is that I don't have very much time so I only do changes in my free time. I would like to make some sprites for the new megas and the new trainers but I suck at pixel art and I don't want to involve anyone in a non solid proyect at least until the main structure is done.
    The pros are since RPG Maker is very intuitive I managed to learn how to code the introduction of new megas, the AI in battles and new moves and abilities, the map creation is very fun and since I'm remaking Sinnoh I already have a model to follow and finally but not least, since I'm a very imaginative person, I made the dialogue scripts and the plot of most of the game.
    So about the game the idea is making a sequel of platinum and try to make justice for those pokemon relegated from competitive games due to its weakness and does who didn't get a mega evolution (YES! I'M TALKING TO YOU FLYGON!). Other additions and reworks will be:
    - A new main character
    - A new rival character
    - Old main characters and npcs with a developed story
    - New mega evolutions for Torterra, Empoleon, Infernape, Luxray, Roserade, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Vespiquen, Floatzel, Mismagius, Purugly, Skuntank, Spiritomb, Drapion, Toxicroak, Weavile, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar, Froslass, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Ledian, Flygon and Milotic (as you can see some of them match the main pokemon of every relevant npc).
    - New primal forms (Palkia, Dialga and Giratina) and a "deity form" (Arceus)
    - New moves and abilities, including new signature moves for Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Entei, Raikou and Suicune; and new signature abilities for the primals.
    - All pokemon from gen 1 to 8.
    - The introduction of 2 new eeveevolutions.
    - A new villanous team with a new boss.
    - A very (very!) ambitious post game.
    If I remember correctly that's all I have to say for now. I don't really want to reveal very much of the plot until this is more advanced. I'm open to feedback.

Attachments

• Twinleaf.png
      Twinleaf.png
      23.7 KB · Views: 22
    • Ruta 201.png
      Ruta 201.png
      17 KB · Views: 15
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    you can pay someone to make the mega evolutions, and even design them for you. maybe you can find mega evolutions where the artist wouldn't mind that you use them in your game. I wouldn't worry about Game Freak, unless you're going to sell the game for money, or it becomes really famous.
    your game sounds nice, good luck

Back