• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokémon Frozen Crystal: Johto but with gen 8 mechanics, three regions and a more complete regional dex

Years
  • Hi everyone! I'm planning on doing a romhack. It would essentially be a GSC remake with a lot of new features. I'm considering using a FireRed rom as a basis. At the moment, I have not started yet but I'm just planning some things about the game in itself. I have some ideas and I'd like to share them with you. Before we start, I'd like to say that I'm planning to make my romhack a bit harder than a mainseries game but not insanely difficult like many romhacks are.

So, here's what would change:

Current Gameplay:

-All Pokémon, items, moves, abilities, types etc that exist to this day would be in the game.

-There would be Megas but no Dynamax

-Pokémon that evolve by trading just need to reach a certain level and if they originally needed to be traded while holding an item, you just have to use that item on them and just like in SwSh, location based evolutions are replaced by evolutions by evolutionary stone.

Dex Expansion:

-All 100 Pokémon from Johto would be available before the Elite 4(yes, even Houndoom, Tyranitar etc)

-Pre-evolutions and evolutions to Pokémon from the Johto Dex that were introduced in later generations are present and available before the Elite 4(Azurill, Wynaut, Togekiss, Gliscor, Sylveon....)

-Regional variants are present and all the ones that are Pokémon from the Johto Dex are available before the Elite 4 in in-game trades.

-A few Pokémon from other generations are available before the Elite 4 to fix the lack of Ghost and Dragon types, namely: The Poochyena line, Sableye, Mawile, the Bagon line,the Swablu line, the fossils from gen 6 the Crabrawler line and the Dreepy line

New Mons and new forms:

-Dunsparce gets a brand new Poison/Flying evolution(it's my profile pic)

-The Johto starters get megas: Meganium is Grass/Fairy, Typhlosion is Fire/Steel(it gets an armor) and Feraligatr is Water/Dragon

Story:

-The story is improved: The Gym Leaders have more background for example

-There's a whole plot revolving around the legendaries

-Once you get all your badges in Kanto, you can go to Sinnoh and there's a whole plot in there as well. Needless to say you also have to beat the Gym Leaders and the League.

-There are some new characters.

Difficulty and new features:

-NPCs get better teams. From Clair on, all Gym Leaders and Elite 4 members have a mega on their team(except for Blue, Koga and Jeannine). Bosses also have more balanced teams that in the original games, even if they are not too altered(at least in Johto)
    -You can participate in some kind of Pokémon World Tournament where you can challenge all Gym Leaders from all regions.

-The Battle Frontier is present

-Steven Stone and Professor Sycamore appear in the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    I dont suggest using binary hacking, as its extremely outdated and sucks. If you can I suggest switching to Pokeemerald. decomp hacking is snigificantly better since you literally have the game's source code. If you choose it you can add cool things like dexnav, and so much more. If you do choose i suggest adding Dizzyeggs/RHH works to it,

Back