• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Constantly Animated Sprites

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Generation Five introduced battle sprites that were constantly animated on the screen, as opposed to only being animated when sent out of the Pokeball. What are some of your favorite animated sprites from this generation? What did you think of Pokemon sprites always being animated during a battle?

I felt animated sprites that were constant, as a opposed to only when the fight started much more immersive. It makes the Pokemon feel a lot more real. Static sprites have always felt unengaging to me, so I'm glad generation five made it so sprites are always moving on the battle field as opposed to being static until the Pokemon attacks.

As for favorites, I'll get back to this one, but Snivy's was really cool.

Back