• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventures (Not the Manga)

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    I am starting to learn some ruby and essentials and made this script as a proof of concept.

This script adds a menu where you can send up to 6 pokemon on an adventure. They will collect items and battle pokémon.

Sometimes (if there is space) they can even befriend the pokemon.

You can even send eggs on adventures to hatch them.

The script updates every time the player takes a step.

Unbenannt.png

It is supposed to be called from a menu (the pokegear for example)

Here is the Script. Just extact the zip into your game folder. I made some basic config in the script files. You should edit the Items in this file as you probaply don't have all of them in your game. Also i recommend upping the step count.

PokeAdventures.zip

--------------------------------

UPDATE 0.9.9

The Script can now be called with pbStartAdventureMenu

You can now press shift in the menu to collect all items at once instead of one at a time

If the player has a :POKEMONBOXLINK item the send to box button opens up the box menu with the adventure party

You can now change in the config if you want to have global or local encounters and if you want badge based level scaling

Additionaly you can change if friends found on an adventure are brilliant

Also cleaned up the config. Now only items found in gen 8 project or base essentials are listed and the stepcount is at 8.

-----------------------------------

If you have any ideas on how to improve this script (either functionally or performance wise) i would gladly hear them.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Great scripts!
    I like this one..
    But, how to add this to pokegear/voltseon menu?

With the new update you can now call it with pbStartAdventureMenu.

Alternatively you can start it with:

pbFadeOutIn(99999) {
    scene = Adventure_Scene.new
    screen = Adventure_Screen.new(scene,$Trainer.party)
    screen.pbStartScreen
    }

Glad you like the idea

Years
  • This is a great script! However, I always seem to get a crash when the game tries to collect a random item. Undefined Method, it says. So it's not the items themselves casuing an issue. I can't seem to fix it myself, so if you know anything, I'd like to know, please!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    This is a great script! However, I always seem to get a crash when the game tries to collect a random item. Undefined Method, it says. So it's not the items themselves casuing an issue. I can't seem to fix it myself, so if you know anything, I'd like to know, please!

Could you send me the error message?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    This is a great script! However, I always seem to get a crash when the game tries to collect a random item. Undefined Method, it says. So it's not the items themselves casuing an issue. I can't seem to fix it myself, so if you know anything, I'd like to know, please!

Should be fixed now.

Back