• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Pokemon XD: Vaporeon

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
Note: I just noticed that I left "or Jolteon" out of the title sorry for being misleading...

Recently, I decided to play through the Gamecube Pokemon games again and I will soon start the second one (XD). Anyway, I wanted help deciding on what Eevee to use. Based on my team choices I am between vaporeon or Jolteon.

My team would be the following...

Vaporeon/jolteon
Spheal/Ampharos (or the Elekid with the punches)
Houndoom
breloom
Gardevoir
Crowbat?

So what do you guys think? Is Jolteon or vaporeon better? And yes I have looked at their stats etc... so I understand that Vaporeon is tanky while Jolteon is fast. Anyway, thanks for any help and sorry if I posted this in the wrong area or something I have not used this site in ages.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
You already have fast pokemon like Crobat and Houndoom. Most of your team isn't that defensive so maybe Vaporeon is the better choice. Double battles + catching shadow pokemon do take awhile so having a pokemon that lasts in the field will be useful.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
Yeah. I am starting to think vaporeon is the better choice here. If I picked Jolteon I would be stuck using Spheal for most of the game which would be pretty garbo for a long while. Not taking Jolteon also lets me teach thunderbolt to someone else which is nice.

Also, lets face it Vaporeon's move pool is just better than Jolteon's.

So I am probably going to go with this team

Vaporeon, Ampharos, Houndoom, Breloom, Gardevoir and Crowbat. Unless someone has any reasons why I shouldn't or other better Pokemon to use.

Back