• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Trainer flags and expanding the trainer table

Years
  • I've been working on my hack and I'm wanting to double the amount of trainers in my hack to 1,486. It's the trainer flags concept that I can't figure out. I understand regular flags but not trainer flags. I read this tutorial here but I can't figure out the values to change where the trainer flags start and I can't figure out how to calculate the total flags values I need to hex edit them. I'm using JPAN's patch which removes all the vanilla events(to my understanding that frees up all the event flags plus any unused vanilla flags) and I'm using the CFRU to expand my total flags so 0x0 - 0x18FF is what I'm working with. I've documented every flag the CFRU uses and I'm not sure if I can change the flag numbers the CFRU uses so I can put them towards the end of the usable range(I haven't tried but I guess I could try to change the numbers in the config file). Am I looking at the trainer flags wrong? Are they still regular flags? Or are they special flags that need to be recalculated with the expanded trainer table? Are they used the same as set flag or clear flag in regular scripts? Are they associated with how the game keeps track of which trainers you beat? I'm so lost it's unbelievable, I could also just be overthinking the concept. I appreciate anyone who can help me understand 😀.

Last edited:
    Back