• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokémon Popstar: A Kirby-Derived ROM Hack

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!
Years
  • I'm a huge fan of the Kirby series, and this idea has always floated around in my head. What if there was a Pokémon hack that took place on Planet Popstar and featured characters from the Kirby series. Ideally this would be a decomp hack.

"Pokémon"
    Most enemies fit into type categories fairly well already. I'll list one for every type in the spoiler to give you an idea.
    Spoiler:

Some of these even have some clear secondary types (i.e. Fairy/Flying Ribbon). I think this is a super fun idea. One hindrance is the lack of evolved forms. Sir Kibble, for example, could use Kibble Blade (his mid-boss form), but others don't have this option.

Region
    Planet Popstar is an obvious candidate. Different levels could serve as routes. Towns, cities, and gyms in particular are cruces. Other than Cappy Town, there are few settlements throughout the Kirby-verse. Cappy Town could serve as a hub for missions. Alternatively, there could be small hamlets dotted along the routes and areas. Humans could stay as humans or be represented as Cappies like in the anime. I'm hesitant to do this, because if Cappies are humans, it would be inconsistent to make characters like Kirby, Meta Knight, Waddle Dee, and Ribbon able to be caught. The alternative is to just leave humans as human. I think this is the best option (although it would be cool to play as a Cappy).

Graphics
    Ideally this game would have Kirby DS-style graphics and colour pallet.

Plot
    Probably a basic evil team story. Possibly there could be some food thievery and Dark Heart amassing?

Those were all my ideas! Any feedback? This will probably take ages to do, and I will definitely finish my current project before starting work on this, and I only have a bit of experience with hacking.

Back