• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How to create your own Pokemons and trainers sprites?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Hi, I'm currently trying to learn how to create games using Pokemon Essentials and many people have already help me to find tutorials (especially those made by Thundaga because I'm a beginner)
    The reason why I'm making this thread now is that I'm trying to find how to create Fakemons and custom trainers sprites, I searched but didn't find anything really good that could help me who have no experience in this domain.
    I'm ready to take everything that could help me.
    Thanks for reading (and sorry if my English is not good)

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • simplest place to start is to make a sketch on paper and do your best to make pixel art of it. a good majority of art related help you will probably encounter is "Get Good" but if you're lucky some talented artist might take interest if you include a description of your design and an attempt to make pixel art of it. Know that almost all of Essentials graphics are in "Scale 2" meaning a normal sprite then doubling it resolution (Gen 5 pokemon sprites are Scale 2 96x96 graphics)

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    I'm also keen to learn about making animated sprites for battling like ebs if anyone has resources on this

Back