• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want to make the following modifications to my Fire Red hack, but don't know how.

Years
    1. Have the "Mom" NPC give the player a Pokemon with Surf.
    2. Have the player start the game on the first floor of their house.
    3. Have no intros whatsoever when the player starts a new game.

Sorry about the no tags thing, but I wasn't sure if this was more of a Hex or Scripting sort of problem.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You can solve the first issue in 2 ways

1) go in Pokemon Game Editor and give Lapras surf by level up at LVL 100(you can have anything) and then make your mother give you a Lapras at LVL 100(just make it one level higher than the level he learns surf) that will guarantee you will have surf on the Lapras

OR

2) use ASM to make a custom givepokemon command where you can have moves as parameters Heres the tutorial on that but its a bit complex

that's why I didn't say it since I thought someone might have a better answer than me and for the removing intro
    inserting 15 89 07 at 0xEC5D0 should do it

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
    Years
    1. Have the "Mom" NPC give the player a Pokemon with Surf.
    2. Have the player start the game on the first floor of their house.
    3. Have no intros whatsoever when the player starts a new game.

Sorry about the no tags thing, but I wasn't sure if this was more of a Hex or Scripting sort of problem.

I will help you then.
    For the first modification,Just choose the pokemon you want the npc to give the player.Then use any pokémon database editor and add the move "surf" to the pokémons move database at level 4.Then use the givepokemon script on the npc to give the player the lvl 5 pokemon with surf.
    For the second,Use GBA Intro Manager by Diegoisawesome to change the bank,map,x,y positions.
    For the third,You can use the tutorial written by FBI to remove the full Oak intro {Note:You have to repoint default names of the player and rival.) If you don,t want to remove Oak's intro,Then
    inserting 15 89 07 at 0xEC5D0 with a hex editor should do it.If you want to remove a specific part of the intro,then give a reply.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    HEY! I'd like to know...

how do I remove the intro with oak, and gary's naming....I just want to name my character as soon as I start a new game, and start the game. No oak or gary naming, obviously I just want to make gary's name always gary and never have to enter his name.

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
    Years
  • HEY! I'd like to know...

how do I remove the intro with oak, and gary's naming....I just want to name my character as soon as I start a new game, and start the game. No oak or gary naming, obviously I just want to make gary's name always gary and never have to enter his name.

Follow Remove The Oak Intro by FBI to remove the Oak Intro.You have to set a default name for both Protagonist and Rival.Or you can Use GBA Intro Manager to remove the Rival naming and Intro Text Editor to set all 4 names to Gary to give the rival an Unchangeable default name (Gary in your case).You need to do some work to remove the Whole Oak Intro and Name the Player After The Game starts.

Back