• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Need help fixing script.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2017
    Hello, I am new to rom hacking, this is my first rom hack, actually, and I was trying to make my protagonist follow his rival to his rival's house, but, first of all, when his rival went to the house the player was released, and second I added a fade for the npc rival to disappear, and then the player was supposed to follow the rival to his house, but the npc just went to the house, and then reappeared where he was at the beginning of the script. Here is the script:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • It would help if you gave the context of your flags.

I can only asume that the sprite 0x7 is the rival and that flag 0x200 is the main script controller, while 0x201 id the person ID of your rival overworld.

Years
  • At first you should a waitmovement 0x7 command after the applymovent commands.

The problem is maybe that you forgot to add the flag (201) at the person ID.

Years
  • Just to point out you haven't actually used the warp command, so your player never actually changes maps.

Then in the house you will need to continue the script with a level script.

Back