• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Corrupted Wishes

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you and sorry for a very late reply. I was busy with uni works. I tested the patched ROM, but I don't seem to experience those bugs. I think you patched to a modified ROM? If not, you can try patching again, maybe the patching progress itself was the case.

No worries. To the best of my knowledge it's a clean rom - Squirrel, never had issues before - but will give another shot.

Also, I use VBA; might that have something to do with it?

Fencer

:3
    Years
  • No worries. To the best of my knowledge it's a clean rom - Squirrel, never had issues before - but will give another shot.

Also, I use VBA; might that have something to do with it?

I also use VBA, I even tried playing the 'patched' ROM on VBA and my Android phone. Maybe try redownloading the ROM?

Years
  • So I've been playing and the game really keeps up to my standards in a ROM Hack nowadays. The only thing it lacks is the Exp. gain upon capture which I'm guessing you purposely never implemented to add up to the difficulty. Also, I can see that you have a talent for music hacking, but it's such a shame that the city/town/route/battle themes are from R/S/E since I'm expecting a custom soundtrack in the game since the title screen/intro features a custom soundtrack. Hoping for more songs in the future though.

Fencer

Years
  • So I've been playing and the game really keeps up to my standards in a ROM Hack nowadays. The only thing it lacks is the Exp. gain upon capture which I'm guessing you purposely never implemented to add up to the difficulty. Also, I can see that you have a talent for music hacking, but it's such a shame that the city/town/route/battle themes are from R/S/E since I'm expecting a custom soundtrack in the game since the title screen/intro features a custom soundtrack. Hoping for more songs in the future though.

Thank you very much! You know what, I might implement that on the next release because I just forgot. xD
    And about music hacking, I wouldn't take credit, some custom musics are built-in in the ROM-base I used. And unfortunately, I have no knowledge about composing music at all. I don't plan adding new music at the moment.

Fencer

Years
  • Yet another update. Many testers, including my friend and myself, noticed that the level curve isn't "hard" but "unfair." So I decided to overhaul the level curve to be fair. (I don't like grinding non-stop, do you?)
    Here's the new release. What's new?
    sbdGFtI.png

- Overhauled level curve. No more hardcore grinding!
    - Changed some music to custom ones, using Squeetz's patch to the fullest.
    - Fixed Roost freeze, but the move's effect will be exactly same as Recover. (No type change when used by Flying-type.)
    - You can now walk to Lablaz Town, but the town will still be empty since it isn't completed. :P
    - You can now reach the point when your character finally talk!

Alpha 2.1 Download Link

Last edited:

Fencer

Years
  • This look good, but why u dont hack in your language?
    Good question. There's only one major reason (and one minor.)

1. I wanted everyone to be able to play this hack to the fullest. That includes reading dialogues as well.
    2. You see, my language is Thai. It would be hell of a work if I wanted to do it. xD

Maximoff

Aspiring Hacker
    Years
  • Keeping an eye on this one! Looks very promising.
    Just a question: How to I pass that Rocket grunt on the first forest?

Fencer

Years
  • Keeping an eye on this one! Looks very promising.
    Just a question: How to I pass that Rocket grunt on the first forest?
    Beat the Gym first, and that guy will be gone.
    (Or if you have trouble finding the Gym Leader, try searching in the available area.)

Last edited:

Fencer

Years
  • I have to let people know that this hack is still progressing, don't I?

q9Inoqp.png

For some reason, you can Fly to Surtra Island right after you got the HM. This island is a small island, but you can expect more than that. (Your quest on this island will be long!)
    I've also added the Move Relearner, you must give him a Pearl as payment though. (Pearl can be bought somewhere.)
    Wonder Egg Shop... you can guess what it does, huh? You can get Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie here, since I want all Pokémon in this hack obtainable.

Years
  • Hi Fencer ! I played your rom hack a few hours ago and I really liked it ! Good job, man !What I especially enjoyed is that we must have exactly 3 Pokémon to enter a gym. I think it's a good idea for challenging players.
    I hope we are getting news about this game soon ^^

@AjaxKurious HM Cut is given in Port Breezer Pokémon center (that was mentioned on the first page of this thread too).

Last edited:
    Back