• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

¤Lets Danmaku!¤ -The Touhou Project Fan Club

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
¤Lets Danmaku!¤
The Touhou Project Fan Club!

touhou-characters-list-i8.jpg

Introduction: Touhou Project (also known as Project Shrine Maiden) is a series of bullet hell shooters made by Team Shangai Alice. This team consists of one man called Zun. The games themselves focus on evading massive amounts of bullets (called danmaku) with your chosen character.

They are considered amongst the hardest of bullet hells, due to this and the fact that every character is an anime girl, the games have gathered a large fan base. And this club is here for that. Discussing the game series and its characters, music etc.

Basicly everything Touhou related is in discussion here. So join if you want to know more or you are a fan already!

Rules:
Read These Carefully!

(Those who do not follow these rules will be judged by me and meet a (horrible) fate of sixty years)

-Follow the PokeCommunity rules
-Be respectful to others
-Remain on-topic (no random jumping)
-Have fun!

Members: (these people keep the place going on)

Owner - KriegStein

Cerberus87

So lets start with our first topic: How were you introduced to touhou? What got you into it?

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I went to the YT channel of a guy named Ryason55 who was doing an LP of Descent 2. I started to check his other videos and found plenty of LPs of Touhou doujin games, some of which he imported directly from Japan. Some of those games are quite interesting, and his mannerisms and voice add some spice to it.

But I'm in no way versed in the shmups in the series, and I'm only a casual fan, since I have little idea of which character does what. Still, I can sort of say my favorite characters are Remilia (vampires!) and Suwako, based on looks alone.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
I went to the YT channel of a guy named Ryason55 who was doing an LP of Descent 2. I started to check his other videos and found plenty of LPs of Touhou doujin games, some of which he imported directly from Japan. Some of those games are quite interesting, and his mannerisms and voice add some spice to it.

But I'm in no way versed in the shmups in the series, and I'm only a casual fan, since I have little idea of which character does what. Still, I can sort of say my favorite characters are Remilia (vampires!) and Suwako, based on looks alone.

I see. :D my suggestion to you would be that you try the shmups again and again. Usualy by repeating them does a person get better. This was true for me...At first I sucked at Touhou, but by gradualy playing I got better over time. :D

As for characters..theres a lot. Most of them dont realy have a definite personality in the games, however fans tend to expand on their (sometimes few) lines of dialogue.

I also like Remilia because yeah...vampires. :D
And Suwako (if I remember correctly) Is a nature deity at the Hakurei Shrine.

Back