• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help me make my rom hack

Years
  • umm.. uh.. in this thread i just want you guys to help me out in making a rom hack and... uh you could post tutorials and stuff..
    uh plz help me out i have an awesome idea for a hack but i don't know how to make it into a reality... and maybe other people could also benfit maybe...and uh you know you could make a youtube video also (i am dumb plz send a video link i can't seem to follow the methods when its just in the written format..........yeah i'm stupid

(brofist??????)

Last edited:

Vency

Doves In the Wind
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2019
    I would recommend going through these videos to help you to the basics of ROM hacking. It includes such topics as simple mapping, tile editing, basic scripting, and hex editing.

Pok?mon Generation III ROM Hacking [Video Series]

If you would like to go through any written tutorials, I would recommend these (since these helped me with my personal experiences with ROM hacking).

diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
    Avara's XSE Scripting Tutorial for 2017
    link12552's In-Depth Advance Map Tutorial
    destinedjagold's How To Patch Pok?mon ROMs

Some basic ROM hacking tools you should start with are AdvanceMap 1.92 (fewer bugs and stuff than 1.95), XSE (unless you prefer PKSV), and PGE, since they're universally used around here (at least from what I've seen).

If you need any tools and resources, or any other advanced tutorials, just check out this Pok?Community forum!

Pok?Community - Tools and Resources

And of course, if you have any problems or questions about in general related to ROM hacking, you should check out this forum.

Pok?Community - ROM Hacking

If you want to see how generic ROM hacks are like before starting your own, you should visit the ROM Hacks Studio or the Progressing ROM Hacks forums.

Pok?Community - ROM Hacks Studio
    Pok?Community - Progressing ROM Hacks

Happy hacking! Go wild.
    I hope you succeed in what you're looking to create!

Last edited:
    Back