• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
  • I just beat all 16 gym leaders, now onto train my other pokemon and get an Magmortal

P.S. i didn't noticed i have the fossils of Omanyte and Kabuto in my PC

Update

Yay i got a Magmortal

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hmm not sure if the first breeding with shiny ditto is guaranteed shiny or I'm just lucky... also I noticed the Ditto's name is Masuda. Are the Masuda effects programmed into this game or just a reference?

Can ability capsules give you hidden abilities when used or am I stuck trying to breed them lol?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Hmm not sure if the first breeding with shiny ditto is guaranteed shiny or I'm just lucky

Nope, the pokerus is common too, so i dunno what Rangi is planning in this hack BTW i hope she fixes routes 47/48 musics in later releases

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2019
    Hey i downloaded the patch and the vanilla rom but every time i try and play Polished crystal it says the file is unsupported, what am i doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've got the 2.2 patch. I've found some text bugs mostly with duo trainers who refer to their partners with different names than are displayed in battle. Also, can you change noctowl back to flying/normal for me as a separate patch? :)

There are abilities?

Hey, can I get a cheat spoiler on how to get umbreon and espeon? I tried the stones, but those didn't work, and the friendly evo gave my the fairy type, but are all three friendly evos at the three different times of day? That's my guess. Thanks for cool mod! :)
    i have been playing the faithful 2.2.0 patch... looks like that in Viridian City Gym you can get trapped in one of the red arrows aiming up to a trainer
    I was wondering if it was possible to find out what that top most duo trainer battle had to say if you talked to the one on the left but I could only get on pads that always brought me to the trainer on the right. :/
    _
    Oh, yeah! I almost certain I've found a bug, or an accidental code ;). In the Seafoam Caverns, there is a spot of ice that should have an item on it but I can not face it without sliding. I'm certain it is directly on the ice. It's the 3rd floor down. X marks the spot. I can guarantee it is on the spot because the itemfinder works in a ten by ten square with the item in the middle. It's not on the rocks or walls. > is the stairs to the 4th layer. The second space above the stairs(or ladder :p) is the limit of the itemfinder, so counting that down five(including that second space where the itemfinder jingles and will not above that!) and left five, the item has to be sitting on the tile.
    Code:
    #######..,,,
    #,,#,,,#...#
    #,,,,,,....#
    ,,,,#,,....#
    #,#,,,,...>#
    #,,,,,,#...#
    #,,,,,X#..##
    ############
    _
    Was Acid Armor added back into the game in 3.0 for muk and vaporeon? Vaporeon is awesome to have but without acid armor... :/ I'd jump straight into 3.0 if it was added back.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    Hi.

I'm trying to create a modifier code to find Eevee in the wild.
    I tried to build a .sym file with the patched game (3.0) to find the address of wild Pokémon encounter (TempEnemyMonSpecies I guess...) but it didn't work.

Does anyone know the modifier code?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Hi.

I'm trying to create a modifier code to find Eevee in the wild.
    I tried to build a .sym file with the patched game (3.0) to find the address of wild Pokémon encounter (TempEnemyMonSpecies I guess...) but it didn't work.

Does anyone know the modifier code?

Well i only needed an Eevee code so here you go

Spoiler:

Be careful thought and don't overdo it

Update

If that wasn't what you meant then i shall edit this post

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    Thanks for answering, but I already discovered the code.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    Hi, I made an account here to post this!
    I just want to thank the developer of this romhack for all of their work! I just finished a playthrough of the faithful version (2.2.0), completed the pokedex and beat Green.
    I absolutely loved this version of the game. G/S/C were my favourite games from my childhood but I found it difficult to pick them up again after having played the more recent gens, with all of their QoL changes. This romhack was perfect for what I was looking for.

There were a couple of pieces here and there which I thought were strange or incomplete, like I found that Unown sprites were glitchy when you received them in Wonder Trades from the NPCs, some of the imported Gen 4 pokemon had cries which sounded a lot like Mewtwo's and here and there the level curve was a little uneven, but looking further than these minor things, this romhack was very well put together and really let me enjoy these games fully again. I think I enjoyed this hack just as much if not more than I enjoyed HG/SS when they were released.

I especially liked the little touches which helped bring the areas in the game together, like the linking of Goldenrod's bay area to Olivine's sea and Cherrygrove's waters to the route south of Violet city. Also the restoration of some of the areas in Kanto and the new Cinnabar Volcano, among others. These gave me so many new places to explore and brought the region to life.

All in all, I just want to thank you very much for providing this romhack. Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2024
    Thanks for answering, but I already discovered the code.

Spoiler:

I tried this code and it couldn't get it to work on the 3.0 version, does anyone know an encounter code pleaseee desperate to get a blissey as it's my fav and can't crack the cheat code!! Tried so many variations of the original code and can't figure it out!
    Also Rangi have to give it to you for this hack well done! love it reminds me of my younger years and love for Pokemon as a kid!

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    I am playing the 3.0.0 beta. Can someone please tell me where i can farm heracrosses? I have used that headbutt tool where it tell you where they spawn but i dont get any heracross. I am guessing hera spawn was replaced with Murkrow spawn. I just get Pinecos, exeggcutes, and Murkrow but no heracross. Also a wild modifier code could work for me, if anyone has that, the wild modifier for versions before this one doesnt work. Thanks. I am looking specifically for a Jolly Heracross, any gender, with guts.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2021
    I know have beaten the Elite 4 in their second round.

Caught the three dogs and now I'm completing my pokédex.

Great hack, i think i buy myself a Nintendo DS to play it on a real gameboy :)

Years
  • Hello! I'm playing at Pokemon Polished Crystal (version 3.0.0) and I went to Shamouti Island after I arrived in Kanto. As you can see from the screenshot I made, I'm in Noise Forest and I can't go any further because that boy is blocking the passage. What am I supposed to do? Should I go back to Vermilion City getting the gym badges or there's a way to go on to Shamouti Shrines right away?

Attachments

• Screen Polished Crystal.png
      Screen Polished Crystal.png
      49 KB · Views: 41
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    Great improvement hack on Crystal, a lot of new areas can visit, now I got 16 badges then prepare to go Mt. Silver, but need to battle with Prof. Oak.

I'm playing beta 3.0.0 failthful, found a few issues.
    1. item icon glitches in Poke Mart.
    2. (Seldomly) If you change a pokemon or after faint then change, current PP may keep to next pokemon, makes an odd display like Close Combat PP14/5.
    3. (Randomly) Change a pokemon, then defeat enemy, the first pokemon may didn't get EXP even it won't faint.
    4. This is not issue but a request: I played Prism before, 60 FPS and faster turn speed makes me impressive. Now play this hack, because no optimization, it still keeps original's 30 FPS and slow turn speed, that causes some new moves animation more laggy like Energy Ball, Flash Cannon, Dark Pulse, Drain Kiss... so if it's possible, can you make an optimization? If you do, that would be more wonderful!

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Out of curiosity, if the full release of 3.0 is 100%... how much would the beta I downloaded (c4ba267) be in terms of percentage?

I don't want to pressure you guys at all, I'm just curious as to what more to be excited for in the future.

EDIT
    Sheer Force doesn't block Life Orb recoil somehow. I have a Nidoking with Sheer Force and it takes LO recoil after attacking with either of Earth Power, Sludge Bomb and Ice Beam.

EDIT #2
    Looks like while Sheer Force does not cancel out Life Orb recoil, LEVITATE somehow does. Life Orb Mismagius doesn't take recoil when using Dazzling Gleam or Shadow Ball. I figure that's an oversight or an accidental switch-up...

Fixed a while back, thanks for reporting.

How many possible color variations are there of one pokemon?

It uses the DV values, so 16777216 in theory (6 DVs each between 0-15), however a lot of the combinations result in the same color. No idea what the actual amount is, but the variety that do exist are all subtle. Does it matter how many there is?

Last edited:
    Back