• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Questions regarding IV Markings Below Pokemon

Gummayberz

Breeder
Years
  • I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm playing Omega Ruby and I've trying to breed 6iv pokemon with my ditto. I've collected a few that the Judge, in the Battle Resort, analyzed to have all outstanding stats. But for some reason, the iv markings are still gray and not marked, unlike some other pokemon I've got in wonder trade that are marked. Should they be marked to indicate maxed iv stats or am I missing something?

Please help me clarify my understanding!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • The markings aren't marked automatically per perfect IV, they still need to be marked manually. The reason they're used is just to show others where the perfect IVs are if you plan to trade the mons away, but it can also serve as a useful aid if you don't want to keep trudging back to the IV checker. Here's how it's usually done:

Circle: HP
    Triangle: Atk
    Square: Def
    Heart: SpA
    Star: SpD
    Diamond: Spe

Back