• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Firox's Sketches and Drawings

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not too long ago just got into sketching and drawing
so I'm still kind of newish to new techniques, and make simple mistakes
I'm at least hoping to improve and get better

(tips and suggestions welcomed)

for now have 6 rough sketches ready to share, will add a bit more detail when I get to finishing them off in SketchBook
here they are:

First one is for a friend of mine, in another forum he is an Eevee
inspiration: some fun we have in that other forum, Jyo (in that forum my cat name) has by accident caught fishes before with it's tail as oppose to the fishing poles
my idea was to give Eevee a 'is it ready look?'
and Espeon to give it a "tew scared" look
which I called "Tew Scawed of Fishing" in mind "the fishies will nibble my tail away, I loves it too much"
I called it "Tew Scawed of Fishing"
Spoiler:

Next sketch is inspired by me being a big fan of football (soccer in American terms)
just Flarey being very silly cheering for a football team (Madagascar football team)
Eevee giving off that "whats ya doing?" silly confused look
for some reason I can't draw the football
"Football Flarey"
Spoiler:

This next one just simple (probably first sketch I made) of Flarey giving Eevee a free ride
"Vee Ride"
Spoiler:

In that other forum, the Vee and I are also doing an RP, similar to a "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon" type, so the two meaniez in the RP are a Houndoom and Watchog
"Meaniez"
Spoiler:

This next art I made for another friend of mine, who loves Lucario
promised to do one for it, added my favorite fighting type in it as well
Supposed to be a smaller Mienfoo, trying to learn from a much bigger and experienced Lucario
"Lucario and Mienfoo"
Spoiler:

for now my most recent:

Is another silly art inspired by the RP that my Eevee friend and I are doing
in it Glaceon is my bigger sister, and loves "messing around with younger brother" at times I do the same, one way I'll keep annoying her is by gently nibbling her tail
"Nibbling BigSis"
Spoiler:

hopes to get them colored soon
feel free to give some drawing suggestions and tips on improving
hope to get so better at it soon

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
These are fine for someone who is quite new at art. :) I remember my first pics. Be sure to use references and research about stuff you are unsure of, it helps a lot. Once you got some things down you can begin to experiment on your own. And also keep going and don't doubt your skills, I know this stuff but it still happens to me. :\

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
The first couple times are tough, just learning the basics and getting the shapes/anatomy/size correct is a challenge

My fun experiences are my main inspiration

the first ones are fun to look at after a while and seeing the improvements

thanks, also reading other comments, good/bad keep encouraging me to keep trying

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Got two more sketches done, both are silly and fun
came to me from inspiration in another forum where I have fun with an Eevee

in that forum, on odd months, my sona is a feline
mainly Espeon (at times I'll go with Liepard)
it's very terrified of live sea creatures, after couple of encounters
*3 times fish caught it's tail, once with a crab pinching very painfully*
Spoiler:

the second sketch I done is also funny silly idea that came to mind
during my feline month
My favorite way of greeting Eevee there is by giving it nose licking of a way of saying "hai"
but felines have that rough tongue texture, so every time I greet it, it gives off strange eeps, and makes silly faces
Spoiler:

Years
I'm glad you're using experiences as your inspiration for your pieces. I agree with Sleepytrainer that using references help a lot with understanding how parts look and move if you're ever unsure about it. I'm really enjoying the stories you're making out of your experiences and your exploration of characters and expressions!
Keep 'em coming, I'd love to see more!​

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
One source I'm using aside from Bulbargends and couple of cyoot arts I seen on Deviant Art, and how my real-life cats play - are some of the Pokemon cards I have

References have helped a bit

Did finish two more sketches, both of them are related to my second favorite species, cats

first one is of Liepard, my favorite feline in Pokemon, along with two younger Purrloin
Spoiler:

the other one is of Purugly, another of my favorite cats
I just remove the 'ugly' part and replace with beauty so
it's Purrbeauty for me
Spoiler:

eventually, one day will color them in, and will get better

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Here is a couple of more sketches I done this week
I have lots of coloring/finishing to catch up, next week or the week after might not do much sketches to get some of my current sketches finished

first one is a funny quick sketch of Eevee riding on Zapdos
Spoiler:

The next one tried to draw a sleeping Umbreon
Spoiler:

This one is another silly idea that came to me
Why Jyotis is still terrified of live sea creatures, loves eating seafood
Just trying to enjoy some fish until a crab (the Pokemon Krabby) comes to interrupt
Spoiler:

The last one is a silly sketch of me practicing the Pokemon logo, and included 3 Pokemon too, Eevee, Pikachu, and Bulbasaur
Spoiler:

by the way, Spanish is my first language, on the top is the first 3 lines of the first season opening
far right says
"with Firox is more of "pet them all' / "no catch, play instead"

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
A couple of more silly sketches:

In an RP that an Eevee and I are doing, our Umbreon is more a 'fighter' 'battler' so it prefers to learn moves that will help in battle, but in my mind, "Tail Whip" is the cyootest non-damaging move, so just drew a silly art of what it might look like, did try to Umbreon that annoyed or angered look
yes I know I realized kind of late that I misspelled the word "instead"
Spoiler:

In another forum, we have a place called "The Snack Den" there is all about having fun with food, so just made an art inspired by a scene there
before eating, Eevee decides to nibble on Glaceon first
Glacey has spicy beef and fried rice
Eevee has orange chicken
Sylveon has Szechuan chicken
Spoiler:

That Eevee friend I know in another forum has ticklish paws, so will do all to hide them from Jyo (my feline sona), mainly since felines have that rough tongue texture
Spoiler:

The last one is again another attempt at the Pokemon logo, in Arabic this time
Curious Eevee asking about it
I speak English and Spanish, I really love how their language sounds like and how it's written
Spoiler:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I know I haven't uploaded in a while
done lots of sketches, and have also finished couple arts
I'll start off with the sketches

First one is Umbreon giving off a surprised look when one of the kits wants to be an Umbreon too, and asks the bigger Umbree if it could teach it
Spoiler:

Silly art of Jolteon playing with Espy's tail, Jolty might have been slightly rough with claws
Spoiler:

Jyotis being so afraid of sea creatures, thinking they will nibble it's tail off
what might be Jyo's worst ever nightmare
Spoiler:

Its for a friend of mine, wanted to try and draw it a snow leopard, but it turned out looking more like a Liepard - so I could call it "Snow Liepard"
Spoiler:

Back to the same kit who wants to be an Umbreon, this time just playing with it's left ear
Spoiler:

My planned cat team, for now it's incomplete, still need to draw Luxray and Incineroar on it
Spoiler:

One night after working almost 14 hours, couldn't sleep for a while, so I looked at my Watchog plush and decided to try and draw something similar
Spoiler:

My first of couple music-inspired sketches
First one is of Flarey wearing the Quiet Riot mask
Spoiler:

Another music inspired art - KISS Fans!
Flarey is wearing Demon mask (Gene Simmons)
Mienfoo is wearing Starchild (Paul Stanley)
Espeon is wearing Spacemen (Ace Frehley)
Persian is wearing Catman (Peter Criss)
Spoiler:

Inspired by an RP that a friend and I are doing,
Umbreon is a battler, with little to no previous experience on taking care of kits
1 would be tough enough, but taking care of five is such a challenge
Umbree holding up one of the five,
two are on the right, one tapping his hind front paw, the other wants to join in
we have another jumping from top thigh of Umbreon, probably saw something in the distance
and the last kit (ore likely the female) is just playfully tapping and playing with Umbree's tail
Spoiler:

Just another practice art of PokeKitties
this time it's a Persian with five kittens
Spoiler:

Just a fun doodle of a Watchog and Patrat having fun
Spoiler:

My most recent sketch is another sports-fan style sketch
this time it's of Flarey with all kind of SeaHawks items, just forgot the jersey, on the far right should be a helmet, I can't seem to draw it
Spoiler:

Now the completed art:
First off the Sleeping Umbreon
I still need to do better with shading, don't know how
Spoiler:

Next up the drawing for my friend that likes Eevees
Vee wants some fishies for lunch, Jyo too scared and is holding his tail far away from the water
doesn't realized that I left the fishing pole on the side of the lake
Spoiler:

The funny art of me being a football fan, this case Madagascar football team
Vee just giving off that surprised look
I couldn't draw the football either, no matter how many times I tried
Spoiler:

The drawing I made for another friend of mine
a pink Lucario teaching a 'pink' Mienfoo how to be a fighting type
heehee you can see the fur dye on the table
Spoiler:

This one is of a Liepard giving Eevee a good and caring nose licking
Vee gives off a surprised and shocked expression
not for the unexpected lick, more of the rough-tongue feeling
Spoiler:

Now another reason that Jyotis doesn't like live sea creatures
trying to enjoy a quick meal until a Krabby came to ruin the fun
Spoiler:

Now the Umbreon who is taking care of the five kits
having trouble with so many
Spoiler:

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I really like that last one of the Umbreon with her kits! It's adorable! How you draw paws is great, they looks realistic.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
thanks, it was fun to draw, and color, took me a while of practicing and watching similar arts to get an idea how to draw them

a few more sketches I made:

first one is myself, Flareon, eating some blue cheese,
and an Eevee comes to try it, doesn't like it, and is now spitting it out
in real life, I love blue cheese, its my favorite
Spoiler:

This next sketch is of Kyubey from PMMM just trying to rest, and a playful Vee kit comes to play with it's fluffy tail
I can just imagine Kyubey swatting it away
Spoiler:

This next one I just made for fun, and practice more Eevees
Meowth kitten, and a Vee kit playing with Flarey's tail - and Espy playing with Flarey's head tuft
and Umbreon is nibbling happy on Espy's tail
also practiced Swellow, Celebi, and Dragonite flying
Spoiler:

In another forum, Jyo my feline Espy sona, really hates the 'aqua green' shiny coloring, and my friend who is an Eevee loves messing with me by fur dying me 'aqua green'
this sketch was inspired by it, first got a Leafeon to use Grass Whistle so I would sleep, and it would have a fun time dying fur
(in first panel I know I forgot Vee's mane fur)
Spoiler:

Colored Arts
This sketch one is from 'Vee Noms' sketch
while waiting for Sylvee's meal to arrive, Vee decides to nibble on Glacey's 'ear extensions'
Spoiler:

this one is my music-inspired art
KISS Fans!
Spoiler:

this is the Fur Dye art, loved how silly and fun it turned out
Vee playfully dying Jyo's fur aqua green shiny
while Leafeon's Grass Whistle does it's work
Spoiler:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
sorry, kept forgetting I crated this art, between last post and this one, made too many, I will share my most recent finished arts,

In another forum, my Eevee friend and I have fun lots of fun
at times I'll be 'smaller than it is"-kit size - some of the fun moments when in October 2017 - I decided to have fun and be various smaller fox kits
each week was a different one
Vulpix - Fennekin - Zorua - Eevee - Alolan Vulpix
I timed it so it's birthday, Oct 17 I was Eevee just like it
Spoiler:

Something that makes me laugh is having silly fun with my Eevee friends
just having Firox do something super silly - chasing its own tail
While Jyo (my feline sona) looking surprised, not sure why its hard for Firox, while Espy has no trouble at all grooming
Vee just laughing at the silliness
Spoiler:

Firox happily singing along to one my favorite songs
Vee just wants some cookies, can't help to giggle at the silliness
Spoiler:

(it has Latvian on it)
Spoiler:

Firox so nice, always willing to help out to make other smile
Liepard asks me to help take care of a litter of kittens, I misheard, thought I was taking care of one, not a litter of eight
Spoiler:

A promise is a promise
Did promised the Vee that I was going to share dessert if it finished all the vegetables, when it does it happily asks for some
Firox distracted with a "Learn Latvian" book
when calling out and making sad sounds doesn't work, it does the next best thing
*foxy pounce the book*
Spoiler:

My Christmas 2017 art
Santa Flarey in the holiday spirits
Spoiler:

Funny art, of Jyo (my feline sona) and a Mightyena guest ready to have some ice cream cake for dessert, but first both young ones want some fun
Poochyena pup having fun with Jyo's tail
Vee having fun with a stick
if we don't have dessert soon, it will melt
Spoiler:

This art inspired by an RP that my friend and I are doing, its a young Zorua asking a bigger Umbreon for help
the Jolteon and Glaceon on the side since in the scene nearby they are making fruit smoothies for all
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Adorable! Looking at your earliest post and comparing the work you've posted now, I can definitely say with confidence that you've improved. The faces are more expressive and the anatomy looks much more believable. The color, when its present, is not nearly as jarring as it once was. I also really like how you've consistently showed us your versions of these Pokemon and not tried to replicate Sugimori's visions of them. The deserves a lot more credit than it's usually given. Your characters have personality and story to them - that's something I appreciate a lot. I think this one is my favorite.

What I would like to see is more of a departure. Even if it's just drawing different Pokemon, I think broadening your artistic horizons will have a substantial payoff in the long run. Push your comfort zone now and then! One big thing I notice you don't do too much in your art is shade. I suggest going back and adding some light/shadow to your art to really give it some depth. Again, I think you'd see a significant improvement in your overall skill by being mindful of little things like that.

Lastly, don't be afraid to use references! Take real-life pictures of animals that have similar anatomy to the Pokemon and use their bodies as the foundation to your own. Artists seems to forget how valuable references can be at times. Though I commend you for drawing from imagination because that certainly isn't easy either.

I see a lot of potential in you. Keep posting because I think you have a lot to offer. :) Good luck!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Thanks you there Fairy
I'm slowly improving over time
thanks to couple friends on Discord, all their encouragement and positiveness makes keep going

I love Ken Sugimori's art, didn't try to base mine on his own, otherwise it would just be its own art with small changes, I tried to make mine using my imagination - and for inspiration and references I like looking at other arts, not just Pokemon, other shows/cartoons/animes/real life species. How they move, react, studying facial expressions.
I'm also going to be trying out various other Pokemon and many non-Pokemon arts

Thanks you, that SnoLeo art I made as an art trade with another friend, wanted it to be more leopard like, couldn't get the pose right, I looked at various Liepard arts and cards for inspiration, turned out more of a Liepard with SnoLeo patterns - *giggles*

Yep, I still need to work on shading, I'm still very terrible at it, I know along the way I'll get good, I just need more practice.
Will keep all in mind and refer back to when making future drawings
I'm working on 5 - 2 art trades, 3 Pokemon related (one for Jolteon Day, one for a friend, and another for a series I'm going to be working on which I call "Sylvee Photo Trip, where I'm drawing Sylveon taking photos of Firox and Eevee and any guest in various landmarks)

My most recent art is for Flareon
Happy Flareon Day!
Spoiler:

(you can probably tell, I still need tons of work on shading)
Myself, Firox, should the Flareon resting on floor
There is a lazy Flareon on my belly, napping in cozy fur
Another Flareon on my right that spotted my friend....
Eevee dressed up in a Flareon costume

On the right is my newest Flareon character who I call Flower, female, yellow fur she dyed pink, loves keeping all warm, cozy, and well groomed, in art she is brushing my tail

(for my Eeveelution Day arts, will try to keep at least 3 or more of the Eeveelution on it, and the playful Eevee in a costume trying to blend in - as for Eevee Day? will dress Firox in an Eevee costume and try to blend in)

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Thanks you
I will keep in mind all the suggestions and refer back to them before finishing a colored art

How how one of my currents sketches is going along, its an art trade for a friend I made in Discord and soon after Deviant Art

My friends description: her sona (a pink Lucario) playing with dolls, and it's mate (a fox) catching it - I still need to draw the dolls and make some improvements - Sketch so far:
Spoiler:

the art my friend made for me:
(the description I gave my friend: my two sonas being silly, fox sona is Flareon - feline sona is Espeon - and our Eevee friend being there with us)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back