• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SHINY SQUAD

luke

Master of the Elements
Years

• C3BP9.png

So this is my first RMT for the Fifth Generation I believe. I figured it would be a good time to post one in our new forum: The Competitive Battling Center! This team has been really, really fun to use. As usual with most of my teams, it's not perfect. But I don't care about constantly winning. I've come to a point in my Pokemon playing "career" that I don't get upset over losses anymore. As long as I have fun (and yes, this includes matches with lots of hax. They can still be fun). But I still prefer to win obviously. This doesn't really have a set playing style. I guess it's kind of offensive with a few defensive pivots to play off of. I rely on resistances and immunities a lot.

398.gif

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant
    4 DEF / 252 ATK / 252 SPEED
    Reckless

*Brave Bird
    *Double-Edge
    *Close Combat
    *U-Turn

I usually scout with U-Turn and break potential Focus Sashes. Brave Bird hits like a tank, OHKOing or 2HKOing most potential threats. Sometimes it's lacking in power but the revenging it usually gets down with the extra Speed isn't something I'm willing to give up. This entire team was inspired by Vrai's success with this set in UU and it has disappointed me in OU yet.

473.gif

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Adamant
    4 DEF / 252 ATK / 252 SPEED
    Snow Cloak

*Earthquake
    *Icicle Crash
    *Stone Edge
    *Ice Shard

I think I've built maybe three teams in this generation so far that didn't have Mamoswine on them at all. I rely on his power, coverage and access to priority more than I'd like to admit. He's definitely my favorite Pokemon to use in competitive play. He's pretty predictable but the power he packs usually lets him overcome even his counters.

Speaking of Mamoswine counters...

437.gif

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 184 DEF / 72 SDEF
    Levitate

*Gyro Ball
    *Earthquake/Rest
    *Stealth Rock
    *Hypnosis/Toxic

The first defensive pivot on this team. I originally had Light Screen>Earthquake but I never used it. I honestly don't know what to put in that slot. I'm thinking Rest might be fun to use. Provides the only entry hazard on this team. Hypnosis misses too much for me so I'm thinking of switching to Toxic. But when it does hit, sleep is probably more valuable than poison. So I'm not sure.

640.gif

Virizion @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPEED
    Justified

*Close Combat
    *Leaf Blade
    *Stone Edge
    *Swords Dance

I was expecting to hate this set but I've been pleasantly surprised by it. It even hits surprisingly hard before a SD boost. It also takes care of Ferrothorn who don't carry Thunder Wave (which I usually scout for with Mamoswine anyway).

609.gif

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    4 DEF / 252 SATK / 252 SPEED
    Flash Fire

*Fire Blast
    *Shadow Ball
    *Energy Ball
    *Hidden Power [Fighting]

If anything is going to be switched out on this team, it'll probably be her. Pretty self explanatory set though. Fighting hits Tyranitar and Heatran pretty hard and as long as they aren't Scarf'd, they're both usually 2HKO'd. I wish Flash Fire boosted Special Attack in general, not just Fire-type moves. She craps on most Sunny Day teams though.

479s%20WF.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    Modest
    84 HP / 252 SATK / 172 SPEED
    Levitate

*Thunderbolt
    *Hydro Pump
    *Will-o-Wisp
    *Pain Split

I rely more on Rotom's resistances than bulkiness mostly when switching him in. Takes care of pesky Rain Dance teams or at least weakens them enough so they can be taken care by the rest of my team.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I love everything about your masterfully constructed team.
    Was this really just a first go at a 5th Gen team? Just like that?
    Wow.

437.gif

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 184 DEF / 72 SDEF
    Levitate

*Gyro Ball
    *Earthquake/Rest
    *Stealth Rock
    *Hypnosis/Toxic

The only thing that I can think of recommending is..
    437.gif

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 204 Defense / 52 Attack
    Levitate
    -Gyro Ball
    -Earthquake
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

It's totally understandable to keep Bronzong exactly the way you have it, simply because it's awesome. It compliments your team very well and it's just great with SR and Hypnosis / Toxic. The only reason I'm making this suggestion is because I was recommended a similar set and I had great fun with it.

my first RMT for the Fifth Generation I believe. I figured it would be a good time to post one in our new forum: The Competitive Battling Center! This team has been really, really fun to use. As usual with most of my teams, it's not perfect. But I don't care about constantly winning. I've come to a point in my Pokemon playing "career" that I don't get upset over losses anymore. As long as I have fun (and yes, this includes matches with lots of hax. They can still be fun). But I still prefer to win obviously. This doesn't really have a set playing style. I guess it's kind of offensive with a few defensive pivots to play off of. I rely on resistances and immunities a lot.

I really, really admire this.

I wanted to get into competitive battling because I wanted to win and that makes losing very difficult. Hearing your feelings towards competitive battling is extremely inspiring, because ultimately, we all want to have fun with it. As a new battler, I am very impacted by this. It must make every battle so rewarding. I hope I can share these feelings about battling someday.
    ...Though I probably need a little more experience first. ;P
    I'm sure you've given a lot of young battlers a lot of inspiration. But hey, who doesn't like to win?

That's all I wanted to say. Sorry I got all sappy there.
    Awesome team and good luck!

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
  • I wanted to rate this team so here I am. It seems like a fun team that's also viable in standard. I won't bring up problems that most offensive teams have i.e. TR Reuniclus, but I think the main problem with this team lays in the fact that entry hazard hurt A LOT more than it should. You have two choiced Pokemon weak to SR and no Espeon or Spinner to prevent them.

While you're using many good offensive Pokemon, none of them scream out, "Bring out Gliscor or a steel or get raped!" like Garchomp. For example, the duo SkarmBliss can wall the entire team by themselves. Add in something like Deoxys-S that's almost guaranteed to get Rocks and a layer of Spikes up, then you have problems.

Now I'm just naming weaks, but it looks good beyond that. I loathe replacing Pokemon on an already good team, but maybe you can try using specially defensive Forretress over Bronzong. It can lay Toxic Spikes to wear down counters and Spin support. It gives a good sponge for random Draco Meteors and Scizor U-Turns as well. And possibly Balloon Heatran over Shandera, you can keep it late game to troll Excadrill or Garchomp or something. Starapter should have Intimidate imo, since it can switch into dangerous things like Excadrill as it boosts, and cushion the blow for Virizion or Rotom-W (if Heatran lost Balloon). I'd also give Rotom-W near max HP to better check rain/sand threats in general.

Since I'm not an offensive player, I'm not sure how you'd do with the changes but it should help!

Last edited:
    Back