Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

TrollandToad.com

Old August 16th, 2017 (12:20 AM).
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferroh View Post
Very nice tutorial! There were a few things that weren't very clear to me in the tutorial that caused me to struggle a bit.

To anyone trying this tutorial make sure you check the "automatically fix pointers" box in unlz-gba when writing your tilemap to the ROM (Step 6) as this box is not checked by default. aSeRo141414 finds this out in earlier posts.

Another thing to make sure you have repointed your bitmap to an offset that has enough memory for your bitmap (Step 4). Repointing to 800000 caused some strange glitches in my title screen and caused my ROM to crash when reaching the name player screen, but this might be due to me using JPAN’s hacked engine. In any case, it wouldn’t hurt to repoint to an offset that you know has enough memory for the bitmap. To do this, use FSF and enter the number of bytes you need for the bitmap (in my case around 45000 bytes) and make sure to search from the 800000 offset.

After the tutorial and these additional steps, I managed to get my title screen working! Thanks so much Black Charizard!
I will see if I can restore the images to a different upload location as some of the things might be visible in the images. Also will add the details from your post to it, thanks for the addition.

Currently a streamer at http://twitch.tv/pachel22

Or stay up to date on twitter : @pachel212

Relevant Advertising!

Quick Reply