• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

jonahtans mapping tutorial woth advance map

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    Hi,im jonahtansheen here with yet another top grade tutorial-mapping!mapping is basically the base of any game,and gives th game its feel.without further ado.lets get started!

ADVANCE MAP TUTORIAL FOR R/S/E
    how to open your rom: go to file-open-load rom and find your R/S/E rom and open it. NOTE:advance map also works with firered and leafgreen,i'm just using emerald for this tutorial.
    once you open your rom,there will be three options at the left corner of the program.click FROM HEADER,THEN 0.the current files of your map will be displayed.
    For example, i want to edit littleroot town in emerald. i double click littleroot town......

HOW TO EDIT MAP TILES.
    on top of your map,you should see a few words,MAP;MOVEMENT PERMISSIONS;WILD POKEMON;HEADER. i'll go through that one by one. now, how to edit the map?
    click on the MAP button in the panel and on the middle,you should see littleroot town. on the right hand side of the program,you should see a lot of tiles.these are the pics in the game.
    click on any tile you like,there should be a small red box there,and just click on your map to put the tiles there! simple,no?
    ....................................................................................................

MOVEMENT PERMISSIONS
    okay,let's say you created a walking path in littleroot.when you try to walk on it but
    just can't! this happens ALL the time. not a bug nor a
    an error.these are CALLED MOVEMENT PERMISSIONS.

click on the movement permissions tab. then on the right side of the program.you hould see a lot of weird numbers,letters and colours. is shall explain the movement permissions.

MOVEMENT PERMISSIONS GUIDE:
    the C purple tile is the normal walking permission. you can walk on this. used for paths,roads and other stuff you can walk on.

the 1 red tile is impossible to walk on. used for trees.etc.

the 4 tile is water,which means you can surf but cannot walk on it.

these are basically the 3 main tiles you use.
    moving on.................................................................................

WILD POKEMON

pretty self teachable. under the wild pokemons tab, you can see different wild pokemon. some pokemon are listed once or twice. that increases the encounter rate of the Pokemon. click the EXPAND button to incresae the numbewr of wild pokemon. moving

on..........................

MAP HEADER

this is a tool to edit the name of the town,sowhen you come out of a house or home,the town name that you put there will be displayed.

THERE, all done! these are more or less the BASICS of advance map, i shall create a advanced tutorial later.
    please post!

crtitcism welcome!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    i want to do a hack game.
    i have advanced map .
    i can change the skin houses the trees, the pokemons and the permission.
    but i first want to change, i dont know, the "world map", the positions of the city, create a new one . Do you know ?

Back