• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] How do I get an GBA-themed Screen Overlay to display exclusively during Overworld Travel?

Years
  • I increased the screen size in my game, but this means you can sometimes see things the small GBA screen size used to block.

For example, you can sometimes see other floors of the building you're in on the same floor, or see that the border trees/cave walls/etc don't go far enough to stop you from seeing black empty space.

I need an overlay to block the outer edges of my screen, and look like this GBA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJZSnQz3Cpg

I can make the overlay art myself, I just need to know how to get it to appear during overworld travel without it appearing over and blocking the sight of text boxes, Pokemon menus, battle scenes, PC screens, and other stuff.

How do I get a GBA themed screen overlay to appear when travelling around the overworld, without overlaying it on top of menus and battle/PC/Pokedex screens?

Back