• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Curious to see what, new Pokemon fans thought of playing the re-release of R/B/Y

Years
  • As the tittle states,
    I am super curious to what players who didn't start on Gen.1 thought of experiencing the first generation that started it all for the first time.
    I myself jumped at the chance to re-buy Yellow version on the E-shop seeing as how I haven't played yellow since its release + starting out on Blue version (team Blastoise for the win).

Really curious to see what you whipper snappers thought of the beloved/revered generation one.

Cin cin
    DandyClaudious

P.S. Apologies if this thread is similar to something that may have been posted at an earlier date.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm curious too. You might be able to find some people who started with, say, gen III on this forum, but it's going to be hard to find people who are brand new to the series here. Maybe they'll join a forum like this, but I only tend to frequent game forums for series I'm pretty into (plus ones I'm considering buying, but then I mostly lurk), which makes me wonder whether we'll get new fans immediately or not.

I'm also curious about the breakdown of purchases re: life-long Pokemon fans (people who started with gen I and have played continuously, like me) vs. returning players (people who only played gen I or maybe I and II, and have returned to try out RBY again) vs. newer (but not brand new) players who started with a later generation vs. brand new players.

I guess I'm not going to help your data set, though, as I'm just another player who started in the '90s.

Years
  • Glad to see that I am not the only one who is curious,
    Yeah you're probably right about finding brand new players to share there experience with Generation 1. But it still would be interesting to see if people who started (like you stated) with at least around gen 3-4.
    But glad to talk with another person who has played since the beginning.

Cin Cin,
    Dandy

Years
  • Well, I never played the first generation, and the first game I really played was pearl. So I have to say (And this is just me getting to Viredian City) that I was shocked when my rival beat my pokemon (I got Bulbasuar). That has never happened to me before, (Maybe because I don't use moves that increases or decreases stats, but it was never a problem before) and I am getting use to the fact that Pokemon Red could not let you go diagonally.

The new games have spoiled me so much.

Back