• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Any good Heartgold/Soulsilver tilesets or sprites? Really want to try a new project!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2018
    Heyo people. So I toyed around with Essentials a year or so back and spent a lot of time making custom sprites and graphics, because it was just a fun way to spend downtime. I hit a big road block when it came to the world tilesets though since I couldn't find any premade sheets ANYWHERE

I even tried finding all the game graphics and putting them into a tileset from scratch, but I ran into a thousand issues and just couldn't get it to work ...

But I have a love for small projects like this and would really like to try again. If anyone knows where to get ahold of some good premade HG/SS sets please let me know? I would use the default except I require locations from Johto for my idea to really work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2018
    Forgive me if I'm not understanding, but these tilesets from DA are *not* set to work with Essentials correct? As in, they have to be completely re-worked from the ground up to make them actually fit to a map in any workable way...

This is the problem I had before. Yes the graphics are available, but making them fit to a workable tileset for XP caused many issues and requires pixel perfect placement that's a bit beyond me

Byliyth

A Giant Mess
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2020
    Most DA tiles are 16x16. Multiple 16 by 2 and you get 32x32, the tile size in RMXP. You can resize tiles in Paint if you really need to.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2018
    Most DA tiles are 16x16. Multiple 16 by 2 and you get 32x32, the tile size in RMXP. You can resize tiles in Paint if you really need to.

Ah, I didn't know that, thank you. Resizing shouldn't be an issue.
    I'll take it nobody has made a community Sheet for general use since last year then, which is a shame, but I appreciate the answer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    It's really not that hard to make your own tilesheet. There are a few that are already formatted to rpg maker size. Takes a bit of digging on Google and DeviantArt. But they are out there. I've seen a couple of hgss ones. I'm making a gen 3 style game so I don't have any links to share but I've seen them out there.

Back