• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Game Breaking Bug

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 13, 2021
So, I have Pokemon Essentials V16 (And I don't know how to update since it was taken down.)
I tried to change the first gym leader of my game's team in the editor. (Changing out a sentret for a bidoof, giving it new moves.)
And it pulled up an error, multiple times. Since it stopped me from opening the Editor, I changed the bidoof back into a sentret on the trainers.txt file, and ever since has completely stopped working. Every time I try to open the editor, I get this error:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

Name must consist only of letters, numbers, and

underscores and can't begin with a number.

Make sure the name is defined in

PBS/pokemon.txt.

File PBS/tm.txt, line 5

CHARMANDER,CHARMELEON,CHARIZARD,SANDSHREW,SANDSLASH,NIDORANfE,NIDORINA,NIDOQUEEN,NIDORANmA,NIDORINO,NIDOKING,PARAS,PARASECT,DIGLETT,DUGTRIO,MEOWTH,PERSIAN,PSYDUCK,GOLDUCK,MANKEY,PRIMEAPE,KRABBY,KINGLE...

Compiler:700:in `pbGetConst'

Compiler:743:in `parseSpecies'

Compiler:2049:in `pbCompileMachines'

Compiler:2046:in `each'

Compiler:2046:in `pbCompileMachines'

Compiler:2031:in `each_line'

Compiler:2031:in `pbCompileMachines'

Compiler:4101:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4212

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Liam\Saved Games/Pokemon Citrine/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Help, how can I fix this? I was about halfway into the game I was working on for over a year, and don't have any recent backups.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I mean, it's right in the error message! On line 5 of PBS/tm.txt you have ARCHEN but that Pokémon doesn't exist, presumably it's not in your other PBS files.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 13, 2021
But... no one has an Archen that I know of, I'll double check. I checked the Pokemon.txt, and half of the Unova pokemon are missing, with Scrafty being at the last entry.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
But... no one has an Archen that I know of, I'll double check. I checked the Pokemon.txt, and half of the Unova pokemon are missing, with Scrafty being at the last entry.

Yes, I would expect that it's the Pokemon.txt that's missing Archen. But obviously I don't have your files in front of me, so can't say for sure.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 13, 2021
Yeah, I checked, added in a 'dummy archen', and now its asking for an archeops, so I'm guessing that it wants me to fill in the rest of the missing Unova dex.
So is there any way I could find a fresh new copy of pokemon.txt for convenience?

Also, thanks for the answer earlier, really saved me. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I think you'll have to find a fresh copy of Essentials 16 to copy the lines of Pokemon.txt from. Or maybe someone around here has one, but I'm afraid I don't.

Back