• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error Message with Animation Editor

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Hi so I'm getting this really odd error when going into the Animation editor. It only happens when I'm trying to add a sound effect to a move and I'm pressing the "Play Sound" button. The sound will usually work the first time, but than as soon as I try to play another sound, it comes up with this error. I have no idea what could possibly be causing this, considering it says it cant find the Audio/SE/Anim/ file, but that's impossible, because the folder clearly exists in my main essentials folder and the sounds work when watching an animation, but just not when I try to actively play them. I thought maybe when I downloaded some plugins it might have somehow overwritten something, so I tried it on a brand new vanilla Essentials and it did the exact same thing, so clearly it's not an issue with my essentials. Here is the error:

Spoiler:

It's not technically preventing me from creating animations, but it's annoying because I'm unable to properly test to see if certain sounds/audio will fit the animation without having to add the sound and play the animation itself, which definitely keeps me from creating them as efficiently. If someone has an explanation behind this, that would be great!

EDIT: Okay so I managed to figure this out thanks to a user by the name of Vendily. In the Editor_BattleAnimationEditor script, I added this at the end of line 2299:

Code:
    && filename !=""

This appears to fix the crash completely. Thanks again Vendily!

Last edited:
    Back