• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overworld fakemon Sprites help

AceTrainerGecx

Elite Trainer
Years
Hi im looking for help with Overworld fakemon Sprites, i have no clue how to make them but am keen to try, i am looking for some tips or even a tutorial on how to make them, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
A good way to start is to edit already existing OW sprites to match your characters. If your protagonist has red hair and wears a scarf, maybe find an OW sprite that matches that description a little and work off of that. Slowly add more details that represent your character's appearance. :)

Also, this video might help you out a bit!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That's what I meant in my first post. Take a standard trainer sprite and begin to slowly pixel in the basic attributes of your character. Recolor the hair and clothes to start, maybe add small accessories. Build your custom OW character from the base of another one, you know what I mean?

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Change Trainer Sprites to Follower Pokemon. Get some official pixel art and edit. Also, try to get some pokemon that have same shape/design than your fakemon and edit.

Back