• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] First Game on Game Maker XP

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2020
    Hello guys,

I have to make a school project in like 4 weeks, and this is the first time I approach Game Maker XP.

I already have an idea of what to do for my project (so later I'm gonna ask about scripting), so...

In which Pokémon Gen should I work, for my first project on Game Maker XP, to get the best out of it?
    I was thinking to work with the 3rd Gen (Emerald, Fire Red) or the 4th Gen (Platinum), but maybe there is something better?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Both of those choices seem fine. If you're using Essentials I think it already comes with 3rd gen sprites and tiles, and using those will save you time compared to finding and installing 4th gen ones. It's not hard to switch styles, but if you've only got 4 weeks I think there are more important things to spend your time on :)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I love gen 4 but if you have only four weeks, I'd recommend you to make a Gen III because Essentials has all the stuffs about already (gen 3 tileset, codes, pokémons gen 1~5).

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2020
    Well, thanks guys; I'm going with Essentials.
    In any case, I'll need to understand Ruby to program or I'll have to ask or look around if there already are scripts/behaviours for what I would like to test.

Back