• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA u wot m8

Gabri

m8
Years
  • So I'll try something remotely decent

Name is Gabriel, 23 year old from Portugal. Taking a Master's degree in Physical Engineering. I like Physics, Dragon Ball, guitars, metal music (but anything with a good guitar will have me listen) and football. Would like to travel across Europe but never got out of this hellhole even once.

Ask away.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • What got you into Physical Engineering?

Honestly I don't really know, because the course ended up being quite different from what I imagined. At first I liked physics, but I also wanted to work on engineering stuff, mainly with development of devices. I thought the course would be a chance to combine them both, using principles of several fields of physics to create devices - sensors and the like - and I hated the first two and a half years because there were too much theoretical physics that I wasn't enjoying, but then I had Optics classes and got into that. And that's what I hope to work on, with optical fibers and lasers and such.

Fellow guitarist here. What's a song you're proud of knowing how/being able to play?

There aren't many songs I know how to play integrally, because sometimes I'm too lazy to learn beyond the riffs that interest me. :P But I will say Metallica's The Call of Ktulu and Opeth's By The Pain I See In Others because they were probably the songs that made me practice and improve the most, both in rhythm and technique.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Who's your favourite football player?

Pika Pika :chu:

Hard to decide between Zlatan and Andrea Pirlo. They both play with pure class, and well Zlatan is simply Zlatan, while Pirlo is mostly the creative mastermind of the team.

Fave Dragonball episode?

Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 transformation against Cell. He just kicked major ass. Seeing him bursting out and become the strongest of them all was just great.

Back