• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need Help Adding New Types

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2017
    Note: I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, if it's not then I'm sorry,

I've tried multiple times to add 3 new types into my Fire Red Rom(Fairy, Cosmic and Beast) using a tutorial, but every time I go through it I run into the same problem. None of the type logo's show up in game, not even the ones that where already there. Move names end up getting messed up, and I haven't even tampered with that. At the end, the only thing that I believe worked is the type effectiveness, Everything else didn't work at all. If anyone can help me with this or maybe guide me to an easier way to do this it would be greatly appreciated

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2017
    The Tutorial I used went through how to do just about everything from NSE to adding the Effectiveness through hex. The Biggest issue was getting the names to appear in the game correctly when in battles and in the hud. Idk if there is an easier way to add the type names to the battle hud but when trying to get It with hex it just wouldn't work. Though the tutorial only gave instructions for how to add 1 type, so my assumption would be to add each of them once and see how that works. nut that may get tedious,

Another issue I'm running into is Norton keeps deleting files from YAPE, its saying they aren't safe, and I cant get them back.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    The Tutorial I used went through how to do just about everything from NSE to adding the Effectiveness through hex. The Biggest issue was getting the names to appear in the game correctly when in battles and in the hud. Idk if there is an easier way to add the type names to the battle hud but when trying to get It with hex it just wouldn't work. Though the tutorial only gave instructions for how to add 1 type, so my assumption would be to add each of them once and see how that works. nut that may get tedious,

Another issue I'm running into is Norton keeps deleting files from YAPE, its saying they aren't safe, and I cant get them back.

Don't use YAPE, it's backdated. Use either G3T or G3HS or PGE

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • The Tutorial I used went through how to do just about everything from NSE to adding the Effectiveness through hex. The Biggest issue was getting the names to appear in the game correctly when in battles and in the hud. Idk if there is an easier way to add the type names to the battle hud but when trying to get It with hex it just wouldn't work. Though the tutorial only gave instructions for how to add 1 type, so my assumption would be to add each of them once and see how that works. nut that may get tedious,

So I think you would first go with adding a single type,
    and then when you feel confident with adding one then try two,
    and then finally three.

Though after you add one type easily you can add all 3 at once,
    but you need to learn every step of the tutorial correctly for that.

Back